i. scarlet eyes

CHAPTER ONE !!scarlet eyes

CHAPTER ONE !!
scarlet eyes

       CHRISSY LANGFORD'S BEDROOM WAS IMPRESSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST. IT WAS A SPACIOUS room with a wall lined with wooden bookshelves and the opposite one full of aesthetic photographs of places she had never been. There was a reclining chair sat in the corner of the room that slightly resembled one you might see in the reception of an expensive hotel, a woollen rug laid by the sturdy legs of it. Bunches of healthy plants hung from her ceiling and danced on her windowsill to easily catch the meals of sunlight during the day, the vines of leaves encasing the room in a comforting feeling. A plate of homemade cookies, courtesy of her grandmother, was positioned on the edge of Chrissy's desk, exceptionally close to being pushed off by the many pots of felt tip pens and stacks of notepads.

       It was dark outside of her arched window that overlooked her neighbourhood, the sheer white curtains that hung in front of it doing nothing to hide from the terrors of the night-time. Leaves from the willow tree that had been planted decades ago banged violently against the double-glazed glass, twigs and branches scraping across the outside walls of her childhood home. Streetlamps from the road behind her house flickered and spluttered with the heavy downpour that had suddenly fallen over the town, casting a faint glow across the posters in her room.

       In middle of the minimalist space laid a double bed, the girl in question currently buried deep beneath the white sheets of the duvet. The raging wind outside did nothing to disguise the fearful whimpers that escaped the dry lips of the girl, her fists tightly clenching the leg of a stuffed bear she kept on her bed for comfort. Heavy, rapid pants shook through her body, legs thrashing against the constricting blankets and pillows as much as they could with the odd restrictions wrapped around her ankles. Her unkempt curly hair was glued to her forehead with sweat, parts of it spread across her pillow, almost as if it was some type of sickening halo. One of her hands eventually left the strict confinements of fur and dug into the soft flesh of her thighs, nails harshly biting into the skin.

       However, the strangest thing yet that was the most significant was the fact that her eyes were still open. Open and unreactive. It was like she couldn't perhaps close them herself, opting to keep them open and watch the thick tears leak down the sides of her face. The irises of her eyes were completely glazed over in a layer of milky white, her pupils practically glowing with how luminous they were. 

       Flashes of scarlet eyes and clashing teeth tormented her vision, and glimpses of chocolate coloured hair covered in leaves and dirt flickered through her sight. Chrissy's body was frozen to the touch as if she had been bolted in a freezer overnight and then thrown into an ice bath straight after. By now, her once erratic limbs were now paralysed in one place, not even a slight twitch in her tense muscles was seen. Her breathing started to pick up and the images she was being shown were getting clearer, the resolution in her mind not so foggy to her anymore.