Test

Alex's P.O.V.

I wake up to sickness again. Ugh I'm not liking getting up this way. I felt someone rub my back and at the touch my body felt like fire.

"Come'o." He says softly as I finish.

He pulls me into his lap and I lay my head on his chest. Before I know it tears start to come down my face. He wipes them away and has me look up at him.

"Alex there is somethin' ya need ta know," He says giving my stomach a quick glance then back at my eyes, "Hershal says ya is pregnant. Me and Merel are gonna go out on a run and get few things 'nd I'm gonna get a test ta see if ya are or not."

I just nod because I couldn't find the words. I've always wanted a family but in the middle of the apocalypse wasn't where I wanted to start it.

"Hershal is gonna watch after ya while I'm gone." Her says.

"What if I am?" I ask.

"If ya are we gonna have the baby grow up." He says.

"I don't want it to be scared of walkers." I say looking up at him.

He nods.

"If we're gonna go, we gotta go now lil' brother," Merel says standing at the cell door, "Alex I'm sorry for what I did. I thought 'tis whole thing 'tween yall was a joke. My baby brother loves ya, means ya family in my book 'nd ya protect family."

I smile at his words. I turn and look at Daryl. "See you when you get back." I smile at him.

"Just a few hours." He says.

Memories of the last time that was said came back. "Please don't say that." I whisper laying my head on his chest.

"Wh-" he stops, "never mind."

"Don't worry," Merel says helping me up off the floor, "I'll bring 'im back."

"Alive," I say pointing my finger at him, "the alive part is important. You come back too. Alive."

I wrap him in a hug. He seemed shocked first but soon he wrapped me in his arms returning the hug. We let go and I give Daryl a hug and kiss before they both leave. I watch as they both exit the prison in the jeep.

"Come on," Beth smiles walking up beside me, "Lets go do some girl stuff while they're gone."

--later--

I sat there waiting for the test to tell me if I'm pregnant or not. Daryl and Merel came back about an hour after they left and now Daryl and I are sitting in the bathroom, waiting.

"It should be done." I whisper.

Daryl gets off the floor next to me and walks over to the sink the test laid down on. We turned it over because we didn't want to get temted to loom at it. We told everyone in the group that we would all look at the same time and now every is in C waiting for us to return.

Daryl helped me off the floor and we walk back to C. As soon as we were spotted everyone was around us. I go and sit on the steps and wait for Daryl to say what's on it. Someone sat baside me and I look up to see Daryl.

"Ya tell." He says handing the test to me.

I take it and slowly turn it over. There staring at me was a pink + sign.

"It's positive." I say.