Baby??

Daryl's P.O.V.

"Baby?" I ask, "there aint no baby."

"Do you know the last time she had intercourse?" He asked.

"Yesterday," I answer, "with me."

"Any other times?" He ask.

"Last week but we used a condom." I say.

"You know those do have a chance to break without a person knowing." He says.

I start to pace and run my fingers threw my hair. "Daryl your gonna worry your self into stress." Beth says coming out of the cell with a bowl of blood red rags.

"How come Rick got to go in there?" My voice getting loud, "He aint the father! She aint his girl! I'm the father! That's my girl!"

"Rick came in because he told us something." Hershal said.

"'Nd what's 'tat?" I ask.

"We had told him a-"

"Ya told 'im first!" I scream, "He ain't the danm father!"

"Daryl calm down." He says.

I walk into the cell just as rick was leaving. As soon as I saw here tears came down my face down my face. Her skin was very pale, her lips a purple/blue color . I got on the bed and sat where the pillow was, laying her head in my lap.

Footsteps came in and I look up to see Rick. He sat in a nearby chair and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry." He says.

"What ya sorry for?" I ask moving some hair out of her face.

"They should have let you in not me." He says.

"Ya were tryin' ta help," I give him a quick glance, "I get it."

He didn't say anything, only got up and left. I stared down at Alex and my eyes traveled to her stomach. I reach down and place my hand gently there, making sure to not hurt the baby.

"You wont be able to feel it for a while," I look up to see Beth, "not until about a month maybe two, sometimes more."

I sigh and bring my hand back up to me.

"What's wrong?" She ask sitting in the chair Rick was in.

"What if I'm not the father she needs me to be?" I ask.

"I think you'll be a good father." She responds.

"What makes ya so sure?" I ask.

"Because you'll do anything for her and I'm sure she'll want you to be the best dad you can be." She answers giving a quick pat on my knee then leaving.

I hear someone walking and come to a stop outside the cell. "Done went soft lil' brother?" Merel's voice come in my ears.

"Get outta 'ere." I say threw gritted teeth.

"Just checking on my lil' brother that's all." He says and you could practicality hear the smirk threw his words.

My eyes never left Alex. I wanted to just get up and scream at him but Alex showed me that no matter how much you want to hurt someone, don't because now people are important.

"Merel leave him alone." I hear Rick yell to Merel.

"And what would ya do Officer Friendly?" Merel ask.

"I'll handcuff you again." He responds.

"Ya ain't hand cuffin' my brother again." I say gently gettig up and laying Alex's head on the bed. I walk out to see Rick in Merel's face. "Get outta my brother's face!" I snap at him.

Rick left leaving me and Merel alone.

"Ya need ta start respectin' Alex," I say, "She's a Dixon now. Means she's family ta ya."

"I honestly thought 'tis whole thing 'tween yall was a joke," He says, "Now I see ya really love 'er. I'm aint gonna start shit with ya 'gin. She's a Dixon now."

"I need ya help with sumthin'." I say and he nods.

"Anythin'." He say.