New World (Damian x reader)

Hello people of Wattpad. It is your dear author, back again with another one shot!

This one shot was a request by a whole lot of people.

This is part 2 of Storm so go read it before you come here!

That's all!

Enjoy! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n knew she was going to die. She could feel it. Could feel the strength flowing out of her body, could feel her mind blurring, and could feel herself slowly fade away.

This was what she got for being greedy and trying to go after Damian. This was her karma for leaving him on his own.

She hoped he was ok.

Nothing registered quickly enough and soon she felt the only thing she could think of was that black-haired boy with impossibly long bottom lashes.

Was he ok?

Did he find Anya?

Did she confess to him?

Did they forget about her?

Did he even know?

...

Of course not, he only cared about Anya. The love of his life, the apple to his eye, and the only one capable of making him that mad.

Compared to her? Y/n was just a pebble.

She had tried her hardest to become someone worthy of Damian. Covered her emotions, learned all there is to know about being a housewife, learned politics and etiquette, and learned how to insult someone with a sweet smile. She did everything there was to be able to be with him, to support him when he got older and took over his dad's political job like he always wished for.

She was too naive.

She should have known, the sweet, innocent smile would sway him. It made it impossible to hate Anya. Y/n included.

...

Perhaps it was finally time to let go. Perhaps it was finally time to let the current take her away.

To a new world.

To a new life.

Without him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damian sat on the seat next to Y/n's bedside. His hair disheveled, his butt sore from the constant sitting, and his face looked 20 years older than it was supposed to be.

The quiet beeping filled the room. The silence remained still and the girl did not stir.

God, Damian wished he could apologize to her. He wished he could take back everything he said and start brand new on a white slate.

But at the same time he couldn't deny that he had hurt her badly. He could only acknowledge that he was probably the one who gave her the most pain. He didn't deserve forgiveness. He certainly couldn't start all over again.

The shuffle of sheets snapped Damian back to reality. His head popped up as he incredulously watched as the girl in front of him woke up.

"Y/n," he breathed out. He hesitantly reached out a hand to her.

Y/n say frozen as Damian reached out and hugged her. He breathed in her faint scent masked by the smell of disinfectant and medicine.

When he pulled away, he smiled at Y/n only to falter when he saw her confused face.

"Y/n?" he asked feeling dread.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Y/n asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n watched as the smile left the strange man's face. His expression crumpled under the weight of the words that she had just said.

"I'm sorry, but really, who the hell are you?" Y/n asked, pulling her feet to her chest in a protective bubble.

Y/n again watched as the man's expression changed again. Shock, sadness, anger, and then acceptance. As if he had accepted the situation, he smiled softly with an underlying pain.

"Nobody," he laughed bitterly, "I'm just an acquaintance. Nothing more... nothing more at all..."

Y/n sat silently as she watched his tears fall down his face. The silence enveloped them and welcomed them into a new world, a new life, one without each other.