Dandelions (Yor x Twilight)

Mild suicide trigger warning!!! This was a request from Alis_Parker

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update lately. When finals are over I should be able to update more often. Without further ado, to the story!!

***********************************************

Twilight had just come home from a long day at 'work'. He was stuck infiltrating underground mafia groups and destroying them from within. He had just finished killing the head of a well-known organization, The Black Organization, and was exhausted beyond thinking.

"I'm home," Twilight sighed, fully knowing that Anya would not be awake.

He slowly crept through the house, careful not to step on the creaky floorboards that seemed 10x more magnified in the silence. He found his way to the kitchen. Sighing once again, he put his hands down on the counter and hung his head in exhaustion. He wanted everything to end. To just rest without worrying about any enemies or of the people he had killed. He wanted to just put an end to it all...

His eyes lingered at the kitchen knife in its holder. The gleaming blade felt strangely inviting. His hand twitched. He could end it all. Go to his family and friends. Let someone else take over...

"Mmmm~" Faint singing was heard through the house.

"Cause I'm in a field of dandelions~" Loid disregarded the knife and quickly made his way through the house.

"Wishing on every one that you'd be~" He searches frantically for the voice.

"Mi-i-i-ne~" He checks Anya's room, nothing.

"Mi-i-i-ne~" He checks his own room, again nothing. He finally looks at the only room he didn't check. Yor's room. He hesitates in front of the door. This would be a violation of the rules that they had agreed on. The singing continues.

"And," Loid cautiously opens the door to see Yor sitting with her back to him singing towards the window.

"I see forever in your eyes~" Yor looked beautiful in the moonlight. He long hair flowing down and catching on her shoulders.

"I feel okay when I see you~"

"Smi-i-i-le~" Loid butts in. Yor whips her head to look at Loid who smiles at her.

"Smi-i-i-le~" Loid continues. He closed his eyes and got lost in the moment.

"Wishing on dandelions all of the time~"

"Praying to god that one day you'll be mine~"

"Wishing on dandelions all of the time~"

"All of the time~" The fake couple let the song die out as they silently stared at each other.

They knew they were using each other, lying, faking, but at that moment, it seemed as if they understood each other the most. Two people, left alone in the world without anyone they could trust. Trying their hardest to fight for another day of smiles and laughter. Nobody to confide their feelings to. Nobody to praise them for doing the 'right' thing...

"Ah, Yor-san, I didn't know you could sing..." Loid awkwardly broke the silence.

"Me neither..." Yor replied.

Silence enveloped them as they watched each other. Not in the spy/assassin way, but in a slightly loving, curious way.

"I had a rough day at work," Loid suddenly confessed, "One of my...patients was a criminal and couldn't be healed. So we had to let him go."

Yor gasped loudly. Shoot did he blow it. Maybe it was the wrong idea to tell her. Just as he was about to say something Yor butted in.

"That must have been hard on you..." Yor said quietly. Loid blinked. He did not expect that.

"Yeah," Loid chuckled bitterly, "I guess it was. I guess it was..."

Loid looked down at his hands. They were covered in so much blood. To think that he could even think that he could save the world. He was delusional and hypocritical. Why did he even thin-

"It's alright. It's enough that you tried. I can't pretend to understand." After all she killed, not saved, "I'm sure that the patient didn't even have a sliver of a chance before you came around. Plus, you saved a lot of other people from having to learn the terrors that he might've committed. You did help somebody. You didn't just kill them, you helped other people on the way. I'm sure he died happy knowing that you tried your best to save him."

Yor reached out and patted Loid's head, "Thank you for working hard every day."

If Loid wasn't trained in the art of not crying, he definitely would've cried. Words that he didn't know that he needed to hear were being said to him all at once. Of course he would get emotional. Instead he settled for a gentle smile and, slowly, eased into a hug with Yor. Her rose scented perfume let him be at ease and Yor eased into his wood like masculine scent.

For although they were on opposite sides, and although they lied to each other daily. They understood the pain each of them was going through. Deep in their hearts, they hoped that these days would last forever...

I'm in a field of dandelions~
Wishing on every one that you'd be~
Mi-i-i-ne~
Mi-i-i-ne~