Qiao Xi’s expression was indifferent as she continued walking forward without stopping in the slightest.

Tang Ruge gritted her teeth. She kept reminding herself that she was a socialite and could not be angry, but when she thought about how Qiao Xi had taken everything that belonged to her and even embarrassed her in public, she could not control her anger.

“You’re deliberately making me look bad! How can you do this to me?”

Qiao Xi slowly raised her eyes and asked in surprise, “Why would you think that, Miss Tang?”

“You knew that Madam Carter was here to look for you, but you…”

“Miss Tang, I’ve already explained it. I didn’t know that Madam Carter was coming. Moreover, your Tang family mistakenly thought that Madam Carter was here to look for you. I wasn’t the one who said it. How can you blame me?” Qiao Xi said casually, and the corners of her mouth curled into a mocking smile. “One has to know one’s own limits. With your strength, you’re not worthy of becoming Madam Carter’s apprentice.”

With that, Qiao Xi walked past Tang Ruge and left.

Tang Ruge’s expression suddenly stiffened as she stared fixedly at Qiao Xi with resentment.

Ah!!! What right did she have to be so arrogant?!

At this moment, everyone had already arrived at another exhibition hall. The originally spacious exhibition hall instantly became crowded. Everyone looked at one of the paintings. It was Qiao Xi’s painting.

Chapter 792: Gold Will Shine

“Oh my God! Is this Miss Qiao’s painting? It’s actually so fresh and refined. No wonder Madam Carter came specially for her!”

“To be honest, Miss Tang’s painting is too different from this painting. They’re not on the same level at all. No wonder Madam Carter doesn’t like Miss Tang!”

“Looks like Tang Ruge has never seen Miss Qiao’s paintings. If she knew that there was such an outstanding female painter in the exhibition hall, she wouldn’t have mistakenly thought that Madam Carter was looking for her.”

Hearing the crowd’s discussion, Tang Ruge’s face alternated between red and white. She wished she could find a hole to hide in. Her face gradually turned ferocious.

She had to endure it and absolutely not flare up in front of everyone. Before long, Jin Yan would notice that something was wrong with this painting. With his straightforward character, he would definitely question Qiao Xi in public.

At that time, everyone would realize that Qiao Xi had copied Han Yin’s work. They would also know that the genius painter they were now praising was actually a plagiarist. Who would still praise Qiao Xi then?

Madam Tang clenched her fists and looked at Jin Yan anxiously. “Young Master Jin, you’ve been learning oil painting since you were young. What do you think of this painting?”

Jin Yan was still immersed in the painting and was unable to extricate himself. When he heard Madam Tang’s words, he gradually came back to his senses. He really could not believe that this painting was actually done by Qiao Xi. Such a perfect painting was actually done by a young woman in her 20s. No wonder Madam Carter took a liking to Qiao Xi.

However… this painting looked a little familiar as though he had seen it somewhere before.

“Young Master Jin?” Madam Tang reminded him impatiently.

Jin Yan could not help but sigh. “Miss Qiao’s painting is perfect. I’m really not qualified to comment.”

Then, he asked in confusion, “But why is this painting in the corner of the exhibition hall? A high-quality painting like this should be placed in the front hall.”