Chapter Ten: Clueless

-Edited-

I may be jumping into the relationship too fast by saying this, but there will never be a dull moment with Logan by my side. 

There's an afterparty in full swing at one of the player's house, but knowing I can only deal with crowds for a few hours before reaching burn out, Logan took me to an outdoor movie theater instead.

"This is way better than some stuffy house party," I whisper, trying not to disturb the other movie goers who are already ten minutes into Clueless. "And seeing one of my favorite classics? You're such a thoughtful date planner." 

"I thought you'd like it," Logan says in a low voice. His dark green eyes shine like emeralds under the light of the huge movie screen. "I heard a coworker talking about this event at the popcorn stand last week, so figured we could go together."

I help him spread a checkered blanket over the trimmed grass and somewhere in the process, our fingers collide. He takes the opportunity to kiss the back of my hand, and I bite my lip to stifle the embarrassing squeal threatening to escape me as we dive onto the plush material. 

"You hungry?" he asks. He says this with a small blue cooler in hand, and I purse my lips in contemplation. I ate the cotton candy he bought me on the way here, and glancing at the multiple pretzel, popcorn, and hotdog stands lined on the sides of the crowd has my stomach churning at the thought of the salty and greasy options. 

"Not for anything here," I say with a quick head shake. 

"What about chocolate covered strawberries for my little sugar fiend?" I snatch the container out of his hands quicker than he can take the fruit out of the cooler, hugging it to my chest like it'll be taken at any minute. 

"Keep checking all the boxes, Logan, and I'll have to..."

"Have to what?" he asks, signaling for me to go on with a small smirk.

I blush, ducking my head down and taking a bite out of the chocolate covered fruit to buy some time. "You've done so much for me in a short amount of time. I need to start pulling my weight."

"How many relationships have you been in?" 

He takes a strawberry for himself and looks at me expectantly. I can't help but wonder how serious his question is, though. I'd always thought the answer was obvious to him.

"This would be my first." Logan's eyes widen as he sputters around the strawberry. "Oh, come on! How many guys do you think would be willing to date a girl whose family has been on the news for not-so-good reasons?" I say patting his back gently.

Instead of the disgusted expression I expect he'd make at the reminder of my past, he takes my breath away as a wide boyish grin spreads on his face. "Perhaps I'm just crazy, then." 

"Very," I confirm. 

It's silent for a few minutes as I pay attention to a movie I've seen dozens of times. But I can feel Logan's eyes on me; an intense gaze that sends a nervous shiver up my spine. Keeping my eyes glued to the screen goes from me actually paying attention to the movie to finding something to keep my mind occupied with.

"Paige," Logan says. He places a hand on my thigh, instantly stealing my attention. Every now and then I find myself trying to hide from him even if we're right next to each other. Like there's a part of me he's yet to see that'll trigger him to run if he discovers it, but Logan is someone who has seen it all and contrary to what I always believed to any guy I'd be with, he's still here.