"What!" Camila exclaims.

"You're joking," I say, looking at Beau as if he has two heads. I don't know what shocks me more. The fact that Harvey is willing to divorce his wife of seven years for Tamara, who he treats terribly, or how their grandfather reacts when he disagrees with a life decision.

"I know it sounds impossible, but Harvey is in love with Tamara and wants to be with her. And as for my grandfather...let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

"What does that mean?" Camila asks.

"Essentially, my mother is the female version of her father."

"Wow, this is a lot." I run my hands through my hair before wrapping them around my arms. "But honestly, I don't think I believe half of the stuff you're saying"

"I know it's a lot to take in all at once, but it's true. Harvey loves Tamara, and my grandfather will do anything to ensure he doesn't end up with her."

"Your grandfather should back off. It's impossible for Harvey to be in love with Tamara. Have you heard how badly he treats her?"

"Yes, but it's the truth."

I stare at him, wondering how any of this makes sense.

"Delilah," Camila says, and I turn to face her as she speaks. "It sounds impossible to me, too. But think about it. It fits as a reason for why someone would kidnap Tamara. Harvey is even taking care of her right now."

"You're right, but..." I am just finding it too hard to believe.

"There is no way my grandfather would kidnap her if Harvey wasn't serious about his decision," Beau says.

"But do you really think he loves her? I didn't even think he liked her."

"I think he has loved her for a while and has just pretended to hate her." Beau answers.

"Oh my God! I really can't believe this."

"I know it's shocking, but it's the truth. He had threatened Harvey saying he was going to take her, and I was afraid he might do the same with you, so that's why I came to Hawaii. To warn you. My mother hasn't brought our recent activities to his attention yet, but I know it's only a matter of time before she does. Please, Delilah, promise me you will be extra careful from now on."

"Oh my God, are you serious right now? I might face the same fate as Tamara?" I grab the edge of the couch to prevent myself from falling as my knees become weak.

"Yes, and that's why I need you to be extra careful in the following months. My grandfather is a dangerous man who will stop at nothing to keep us apart." Beau grabs my hand from the edge of the couch and gives it a warm squeeze.

"We are not in a relationship, Beau. I shouldn't have to worry about my safety."

"I wish that were true, but the day I laid eyes on you at that party nine years ago. Your life became twisted with mine forever." Beau stares into my eyes as he speaks.

He's talking about the first time we met when I was sixteen and he was eighteen. I will never forget that day. My dad was still trying to make a name for himself in the car industry, and Beau's dad invited us to his party. He was my dad's college buddy, and he wanted to help him make some connections. All it had taken was one look between Beau and me, and I was hooked. If only I'd known then how we'd end.

"Fine," I say with a sigh. "I'll be extra careful from now on; you don't have to worry."

"That's good to hear, and I'll ensure you are safe for the rest of the trip."