Louise went to the photography section and I followed her there. She seemed so intrigued by the portraits and photographs displayed. She observed the pieces as she did in the gallery back home which led me to ask.

"Do you like photography?" she seemed startled at first like she didn't know I was standing there, then she nodded slowly.

"I've always loved photography. The cameras, the pictures, the people, the moments, everything. Photography is truly a magical thing." her eyes actually sparkled while she spoke about it and her cheeks turned rosy. I could tell she was really passionate about it. She was also really attractive while she spoke.

"I'm guessing you want to venture into it as a full-time career?"

"I would love to, but I can only do that full time when I no longer have to worry about money. Besides, I wouldn't want to turn a hobby of mine into something work-based. Takes the fun out of it no?"She smiled at me and walked away from the current art piece to admire another.

I continued treading behind her but not saying a word just watching how she took steps closer and away from the works and then staring at them excitement evident in her actions. Unconsciously my lips curled upwards into a smile.

She turned to look at me taking me by surprise and asking. "What about you sir? Any hobbies of yours?"

"Mm." I hummed and began to walk as she followed me.

"I like to paint."

"No way? You? I never would be imagined someone like you having a hobby like painting."

"What's so surprising about it? Anyone can have a hobby?" I stopped in front of a painting.

"Well, are you any good at it?" she looked at me asking and I pointed my jaw towards the painting in front of me.

"See for yourself." She slowly turned her head to face the painting. It was a painting of a lake in a forest surrounded by fireflies and a setting sun in the background.

"You know I told you my father used to hit me?" she nodded waiting for me to continue.

"I needed to have an outlet for my pent-up emotions. I was a kid so I couldn't talk back or get upset or ill get hit even more. So one day I got a canvas, an easel, and some oil paint, took them to the back of my house and began to paint the scenery.

I wasn't really good at first but I was determined and consistent and soon enough I became good at it. Just like you, I like capturing moments. I even impressed myself with the result of the painting." I turned my body fully to face hers and our eyes locked with one another.

"That was when my dad decided to venture into the art gallery business. Hoping I would one day take over and so he put up my first ever complete painting in the Paris gallery."

"Wow. I don't know if I should be impressed or feel bad for you because of what you had to go through."

"I think you'd stick with the first one when I tell you how old I was when I completed this painting."

"How old were you?"

"11."

"11? Wow, I'm more impressed now. It looks so professional. You're continuously proving to be more than a pretty face, aren't you?" she nudged my side and laughed causing laughter to escape from my lips too.

"Maybe one day you can paint me. Like one of your French girls." She said lightly flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Was that a titanic reference?"

"You've watched titanic too? Mr. Charlie, you sure are full of surprises."

"There's a lot more you could figure out, only if you wish to." I slightly leaned forward and stared into those beautiful blue eyes of hers.