𝐓𝐞𝐧 ❣︎

Start from the beginning

I look around until I spot brown hair and a yellow sundress, already letting me know it's her.

Walking up behind her, I make sure to not make too much noise.

"Boo." I whisper into her ear and she jumps, letting out a squeal.

"Bubba! Don't do that!" She hits me with a bouquet of flowers and I can't help but laugh.

"I'm sorry baby." I open my arms for a hug and she walks into them, already forgetting about the little stunt I pulled.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had work?" She looks up at me with those big doe eyes of hers.

"Well, I decided that I would come see my pretty girl." I kiss her forehead and she blushes a bright red.

"I love that color on you." I say, rubbing my thumb across her cheek.

"Damon? Is that you?" A voice says from the back of the store.

Ivy's stepmother soon comes into view. She wears garden gloves that are covered in dirt and an apron.

"I knew I heard your voice." She sends me a warm smile and I return it to her.

"Good evening Mrs. Stone."

"I've told you multiple times you can call me Angela, dear." She laughs, her eyes crinkling in the corners.

"Good evening Angela." I correct.

"That's more like it. Anyways, are you here to pick up Ivy?" She asks, most likely already knowing the answer.

"Yes, if you don't mind."

She waves me off, "It's no big deal, I'm sure Ivy is excited that you're here."

I look down at Ivy to see that she has a big smile on her face. Adorable.

"You can guys can go on, we're closing the shop in a few minutes anyways." She walks to the counter and takes off her gloves.

"But won't you need help closing the shop?" Ivy asks

"No no, it's alright sweetie, you should go have fun." She winks at Ivy causing her to blush once again.

We talk for a few minutes until Angela practically pushes us out of the shop.

"Where are we going?" Ivy questions, bouncing on her feet.

"Ice cream?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚

"Ivy, you have ice cream on your chin." I say, trying to keep in my laugh because she looks so cute.

"Oops!" She giggles as I grab a napkin from the table and wipe the ice cream off her chin until it's all gone.

"I can't believe you didn't get some." She pouts and I almost kiss that pout off her face.

I shrug my shoulders as I look around. I drove us to a small ice cream parlor that had a sort of old fashion style to it. We were given a lot of stares because it might look strange that a man like me is with a bubbly and bright woman like Ivy. I didn't give a single fuck though.

"All done!" She cheers, dropping her spoon into her bowl.

"What a good baby." I praise her as I stand up and offer her my hand. She accepts it and throws away her trash as we pass by the garbage can.

We step out of the parlor and into the evening air. The sun is setting which makes the sky have a cotton candy color to it.

"Let's take a walk, darling." I interlace our fingers. Looking down at our hands, it's adorable how small her hand is compared to mine but her hand fits perfectly.

We walk in silence for a few minutes, enjoying the air that blows past us. We had stopped at one point so Ivy could pet a puppy. After, she had explained to me how she missed Rocky and couldn't wait to see him again.

"Bubba?" Ivy begins, breaking the comfortable silence between us.

"Hm?" I hum.

"What are we?"

Stopping in my tracks, I turn to her, "What do you mean baby?"

"I mean, what are me and you?"

"You're mine darling." I tuck a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

"And you're mine too?" She tilts her head to the side.

I nod and she grins.

"So, like boyfriend and girlfriend?" Her eyes light up and I smile at the sight.

"Yes but not exactly. I don't want you to feel overwhelmed so we're going to take things slow. Test the waters a little bit." She nods her head in agreement and I kiss the corner of her lips but what I didn't expect her to do was kiss my cheek.

Wow, her lips feel amazing.