19

Max slammed her fist on my window as I was putting on my shirt. Tonight was our double date with Robin and Nancy. Robin and Nancy didn't know it was a double date, but they weren't idiots, they'd figure it out quickly. I walked over and opened the window for her.

"Jesus christ woman! You're going to break my window!" I said as she climbed in. 

Max rolled her eyes and jumped down from my desk. "Yeah that was my goal actually. Break Ace's window." 

"You're really not funny." I replied. 

She sat down on my bed, lying down and groaning, "Climbing that is really much harder than it seems!"

She grabbed my pillow and hugged it like she was about to go to sleep,"Oh please! Make yourself at home." I said. 

She sat up on her elbows, breathing heavily, "You're so mean. I'm just trying-" 

I sighed as I walked over to her, interrupting her with a kiss. I only did it to get her to stop talking, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. I'm never going to get tired of doing that. She pushed me away slowly, hand on my shoulder.

"Don't think I don't know you're just trying to shut me up." She said, looking at me skeptically.

I smiled, "Maybe." I said, standing back up, "What do you think about this shirt? Do I leave it buttoned or unbuttoned?" 

"Unbuttoned." She replied, "Unless we're going somewhere where it should be buttoned."

I laughed, "We are definitely not."

I still hadn't told her where we were going. It wasn't anything extravagant, but it was definitely something she'd like. I looked over at her outfit. She was wearing a blue and white baseball tee, navy jeans, and red vans. As a converse girl myself, the vans hurt me a little, but I guess it was okay. She had her headphones on her neck, I found it kind of cute. I'd barely ever seen her without them. 

"Is my outfit adequate enough for you?" She asked me. 

I laughed, "Adequate and enough are synonyms Maxine, that sentence is redundant."

She grabbed a pillow and threw it at my head, standing back up and walking towards me. 

"Can we go now?" She pleaded. 

"What time is it?" I asked her, staring at myself in the mirror.

Max rolled her eyes and grabbed my wrist. "You're literally wearing a watch." 

I smiled, "Right." 

I looked down, 8:54. "Alright, let's go." 

Max grabbed my keys from my dresser and pulled me towards the window. I laughed at her and she jumped on my desk, she looked like a cat. 

"You know we can take the door, right?" I asked.

"Yeah but you look funny climbing down." She joked, jumping through the window. 

"Oh I look funny? Why don't you go first then, Pippi?" I said, walking out onto the roof.

"Really." She said, unamused, "Pippi?" 

I smiled and did a shoving motion with my hands, "Go on." 

She took off her headphones and pushed them into my chest. 

"Okay, that hurt?" I said while laughing.

"Good." She said, kneeling down and putting her hands on the ledge.

I watched her as she descended down the house, carefully placing her hands and feet on the ledges to get down. She jumped off the side of the house and smiled.