12

*Contains slightly mature content. Don't read if you are uncomfortable.*

*I won't be putting warnings on chapters anymore (not unless I feel they could be potentially triggering) so this is a disclaimer for the entire book*

---

I sat in the backseat, so I could lie down. I had to put my hands over my eyes to block the car lights. It felt like some one was banging a drum inside my skull. It hurt so much so that I could almost not notice Max's shitty driving. Almost.

"Slow the fuck down!" I groaned from the backseat. 

She did not slow down. I think she even sped up a little. She looked over her shoulder to face me, smiling.

"What the hell are you doing! Eyes on the road!" I yelled, only making my head hurt more. 

"Relax, we're almost there." She said. 

I climbed into the front seat and grabbed the seatbelt. 

"Oh fuck you I'm not that bad am I?" She asked.

I looked at her and nodded, buckling it. 

She moved her tongue to her cheek and smiled, throwing her head back onto the seat. Fuck that's hot. I looked at her and squirmed in my seat. I swallowed and looked down at my hands. She turned to face me, my cheeks were starting to turn red. I pulled my knee up and looked out the window, we were about 30 seconds from my house. 

"Hey." She said.

I looked over to her, "Yeah?"

"Can you teach me how to drive? Like properly?" She asked, smiling. 

"Mmm I don't know." I said.

"C'mon!" She pleaded.

I clicked my tongue, considering it. Max, in my car. Alone with me. Might be a little too risky. Tempting fate. Max pulled up into my driveway slowly, having trouble with the steering wheel. She switched the gears into park and unbuckled her belt, turning to face me, I did the same. 

"Please Alex." She said.

I smirked.

"What do I get if I do?" I asked. 

She took a deep breath.

"I have a lot to offer." She said. 

"Be more specific." 

I examined her face as she thought about it, my eyes darting to each of her freckles. She licked her lips and sighed. Then her face almost seemed to light up.

"I could teach you how to skate?" She said. 

I smiled. 

"I know how to skate." I said.

Max's smile fell, she started to think again. It took her longer to come to a conclusion. 

"It would give you the benefit of knowing you did a nice thing. For me." She said.

"Why would I want to do nice things for you?" I asked.

She smiled, "Because you like me." 

I turned away and looked out the window.

"Okay. Deal."

I got out of the car, and walked towards my door, Max following right after me. I opened the door and she walked in. I looked at her in confusion.

"Uh-uh I'm taking you upstairs." She demanded and grabbed my arm, pulling me up the stairs. 

"Jeez okay." I said, climbing up behind Max.