Approaching her apartment, he dug into the small compartment between the seats. He fumbled for her duplicate keys, pleased that he had foreseen the possibility that he would have to enter her apartment without her being home.

He parked literally in the middle of the parking lot and didn't even bother to turn off the engine, getting out of the car and running for the front door. He heard several other cars pull up and someone called his name." The boys" he thought and left the door slightly open as he ran up the stairs.

Ari screamed as the front door hit the wall with the final kick. "Honey, are we going to play hide and seek?" Hwan's mocking voice sounded nearby and she shivered, trying to cling even tighter to the wall.

"Ariii, my love…" his voice got closer and Ari closed her eyes, praying that Namjoon had realized something was up and was on his way to her apartment.

"Honey, are you here?" Hwan knocked on the bathroom door. Ari didn't answer, her eyes widened and her blood froze, making her feel unimaginably cold. Her body shook and her ears rang with fear.

"Come on, my love, don't make me break down that door too, you know I don't like it when you show stubbornness" Hwan said softly making her choke in disgust.

Ari felt like she had been sitting in the bathroom for hours. Hwan kept banging on the door and she could feel him slowly reaching the limit of his patience.

"Fucking bastard, I told you to stay away from her!" Ari jerked head up. “Namjoon…” at this point, she could no longer hold back the tears that flowed, blurring her vision.

She stood up quickly and started for the door, but stopped when she heard the swear words, the sounds of banging, smashing furniture, and pained groans coming from the bedroom.

Seconds later, more footsteps were heard and she recognized Seokjin and Jungkook's voices. Then there was a far softer knock on the door.

"Ari, baby, open the door.." Namjoon's voice was strained and she unlocked it with shaking hands stepping back again.

Namjoon heard the key turn but she didn't open so he pressed the lock and did it for her. "Honey…" he stood, filling out the door frame.

She stared at him in horror, her tear-soaked face ashen gray. Ari was frozen, unable to move in fear. "Gosh, honey, I thought I was late" he stepped forward and held out his hand.

"N-Namjoon…" she threw herself into his arms and cried almost hysterically. He held her tightly, stroking her back and hair soothingly. His body shook with anger, hers with fear. They clung to each other and for the first time, Namjoon realized that this woman was truly his and that he was willing to kill for her.

And this time he felt no guilt. He loved Binna, he always would, but as she had said, Ari was his future, his and their daughter's.

"Ari, are you ok, did he do anything to you?" Namjoon asked and she shook her head against his chest. "I thought... you didn't... understand…" Ari sobbed and he squeezed her hard.

"You won't see him again, baby, I promise!" Namjoon growled, and he really meant it. He would make sure the bastard experienced unimaginable fear and pain before he died.

"Ari.." Seokjin walked into the bathroom. "Touch her and I'll kill you!" Namjoon roared, with such hatred and anger in his voice and eyes that Seokjin instinctively took a step back.

"Don't !" Seokjin stopped Taehyung, who also entered, and they both stared at Namjoon's tense back, who was not letting go of the still sobbing Ari from his arms.

"Is she okay?" Taehyung asked in a whisper and Seokjin glared at him. "I don't know, Namjoon won't let me get close" Seokjin replied also whispering and Taehyung looked at the couple in surprise.

Little by little, Ari's sobs subsided and Namjoon felt her relax. Her arms slipped around his waist and she looked up. "He…he didn't hurt you, did he?" she asked hoarsely and Namjoon shook his head, wiping away her tears.

However, she pulled back slightly and looked at him. "Your hand…" she pulled out of his arms and pulled out a first aid kit from the cupboard under the sink. "Come here!" he obediently stood beside her and she took his hand, examining his knuckles.

As she cleaned the abrasions, Namjoon looked at Seokjin and he nodded. He and Taehyung made their way outside in silence and Namjoon looked back at Ari.

She went over and applied a clean bandage, still sighing raggedly from crying. Namjoon lifted her chin and she forced a smile, but her eyes still showed the horror and panic of what she had just experienced.

"You're coming back to the mansion with me, honey. I can't protect you if I have to cross the whole town every time." Ari nodded and Namjoon leaned in, kissing her softly.

"Good girl, tomorrow I will send someone to get your things." she nodded again and he pulled her into his arms again, rocking her gently. "I'm sorry I didn't take care of him the other day, baby." he rested his chin on her head and felt her start to sob again.