chapter twenty-four

tw

tw

i told mom that i'd be out at my regular spot, the park. that's where i told here i go everytime im going to see him. if she knows, she'll be mad at me and i don't want her to be mad at me.

i left the house and walked down the street where ty's car was parked and got in. he smiled and leaned over to peck my lips.

he drove off and we went to his 1 bedroom apartment. we got in and i gasped at what he had planned.

a movie night.

it may not be a lot but it's been a while since i had a movie marathon. i turned and placed my lips on his.

"this is amazing." he grinned and placed his hand on my waist and i sat down on the couch as he went to switch off the lights.

tyler came and sat down beside me and hand me some films.

"pick which one we should watch first."

i picked chucky. it looks pretty fun but scary.

he smiled and inserted the disk.

within minutes of the movie, i was whining and whimpering from the scary scenes that were popping out of no where.

it was scary.

chucky came on with the saw and sawed through the woman's body and i screamed out and hid my face in his sleeve. he shrugged me off seemingly angry and looked at me and scowled.

"what are you? a kid?" he snapped.

"im sorry. it's just scary." i whimpered and i suddenly felt a burning sensation on my cheek.

i placed my hand where he hit me and he stood up.

i felt him punch me and he spoke up, "you picked it. you're going to watch the movie and be quiet."

i nodded, tears threatening to pool from my eyes and he sat back down, turning up the volume.

a few minutes after that, another scene came on where the doll was violently killing someone and it had me screaming and crying.

"turn it off." i cried, covering my eyes.

a hit was delivered to my body and he continued to smack me continuously, blaming me for ruining the movie.

"you ruined the night! you picked this movie and now you don't want to watch it? screaming like some dumb kid." he uppercut me in the chin and i cried out and blocked my face from many hits that i could.

"you—"

-

i jumped up from my sleep, my throat dried. i realized that i was screaming and it scared me.

tears were flowing rapidly down my cheeks as i sobbed in my bed.

i want it to stop. after all these years, the nightmares are just coming back. tonight, it was one of the most traumatic nights for me. i thought i locked away the memory.

my hands snatched my phone and i dialed her number without thinking.

"mm, si, amore mio?" she rasps.

"scar," i sobbed as soon as it answered.

i heard some shuffling and then she answered again.

"baby, are you okay?" i could feel her worry through the phone.

"he's back, scar. he's t-threatening m-me," i sobbed, "i had a nightmare about t-the m-moments back then and i-i can't sleep."

"do you want me to come over, neonata?"

i mumbled out a yes and she told me that she'd be over within 5 minutes. i knew our houses were about forty five minutes away so when she said five minutes, i knew she was going to break the rules and the speeding limit.

-

baby💕 - im outside, baby

i got up out of bed and went downstairs quietly, bringing my phone in my hand. i rung her phone and i heard vibrating outside. it answered.

"sì, neonata?"

i heard her outside and through the speaker also and let out a breath of relief. i opened the door and throw myself in her arms. scarlett hugged me back and lifted me up, closing the door. she made sure that she locked it with the locks and she cupped my cheek and placed her lips on mine.

i kissed her back with all the energy that i had in me and soon pulled back. i rested my head on her chest and she walked up to my room.

we were soon laying in the my bed with me in her embrace, her warmth surrounding me.

"it's okay, baby." she said softly and soon, i fell asleep in her arms, feeling at peace.