chapter twenty-three

"you look like you've seen a ghost, babe

"you look like you've seen a ghost, babe. what's up?" harley asks and i handed her the phone with shaking hands.

she gasped.

"oh no."

she looked at me with worry evident in her eyes.

"do you have any idea who could've been threatening you, skylar?"

i nodded but didn't say anything as i looked straight ahead.

"who? we have to report this - wait that won't be smart because this is illegal." she motioned to the photo and i sighed.

"i'll tell scarlett."

"yeah you better, babe. let her know that someone is coming for y'all."

i nodded and we continued walking to class.

during the entire session, i was spacing out. luckily, the teacher didn't pick on me because i wouldn't have been able to answer any questions. my mind was just in one place and i couldn't escape the void.

the only question that was pondering on my mind is why? why, tyler? can't you take the hint that i don't want anything to do with you? back off?

the bell rung, dismissing us and i rushed out of the class and out of the school and to the bus stop. i waited impatiently for the bus, looking around to see if i spot him or anyone that could be spying on me.

my phone tinged and i looked down at it.

unknown: *attachment*

it was a picture of me now, looking around like a freak.

my eyes watered and i was eager for the bus to come and pick me up right now.

ting!

unknown: come back to me and i'll delete everything, baby.

i looked around frantically but didn't see anyone. i started to play with my fingers to help with the growing anxiety and i soon saw harley running to the bus stop.

she came up to me and rested her hands on her knees.

"i have been looking for you the pat 30 minutes." she panted and i grimaced at her.

"s-sorry."

"i came to tell you that the bus broke down so we'll have to walk today."

no. i don't want to walk.

not when there's tyler out there waiting to ruin my life, or worse scarlett's own.

"oh, okay." i bit my lip nervously.

harley nodded, oblivious to my hesitance and held my hand and started pulling me down the road where trees clouded the road.

this was going to be a long walk.

-

"babe, you keep looking over your shoulder. no one is there."

oh, its because you don't feel the eye piercing through your skill with every step you make, the nagging voice telling you to run, telling you to scream and cry.

we bid goodbyes and she walked the few blocks to her house and i went in mine. mom was at work so that left me alone. i closed the door with all the locks and closed the windows.

ting! ting?

i checked my phone.

unknown: thank you for letting me know your location, sky baby

unknown: don't think closing the windows can stop me ;)

i was scared out my freakin' skin and tyler wasn't giving up. his attempts to scare me is working and it made me want to jump down a hole and die.

ting!

unknown: im giving you two days to make up your mind. come back to me or your pretty girlfriend faces the consequences.