Chapter 12

Winter Break
—————————

Today all the Hogwarts students packed their things up for the Holidays.

As for Diana, she dreaded going back home, she even considered sending an owl out to let her parents know that she wouldn't be making it back home, that she had things to do. Or asking Neo to tell their parents that she had decided to stay at Hogwarts this Christmas break.

But, instead, she sat on her knees, packing her trunk of everything she needed.

You may wonder, "is her home life that terrible?" Truthfully, no. Some may even say, Diana and Neo have it luxurious.

But, ever since last summer, her parents said that the down stairs dining area is off limits to Diana. She couldn't bother not a soul whilst her parents and Neo had their "Meetings".

A few times she tried putting her ear up against the door to try and listen in on the meeting, perhaps trying to figure out what was so important that her parents and her own twin brother tried to keep from her.

But, with little to no success, she quickly found out that they placed the Muffliato spell upon the room, for anyone who tried to listen in, all they would hear is a buzzing noise.

She had grown more and more fed up with this type of treatment.

Don't get her wrong, it wasn't like she was envious of her brother, or anything like that.

Let's not forget to mention when their parents and Neo would leave the house for hours—, days even. Diana not even knowing where they go off to.

Diana slammed her trunk shut.

She pushed her hair behind her ear, "I don't know what much to think about the Harry and Malfoy situation." She said to her brother, leaning back in the seat.

The train rumbling under their feet as it sped down the track.

"It is some serious accusations. But, Harry isn't wrong, either. I just mean, Malfoy's been an asshole to Potter since the very first time we stepped foot into Hogwarts."

Diana nodded in agreement, her brother did have a point.

Neo flipped a page in his book, Ewok fast asleep next to Diana.

She chewed her lip in thought, wondering about Draco. She hadn't seen him since the night of Slughorn's party, which was around half a week ago.

She wondered if she would see him again or if she would have to wait until the holidays were over.

She opened the door to the compartment, stirring Ewok out of his slumber. "I'm going to pee, I'll be back."

And with that, she shut the compartment door behind her, walking down the train to the lavatories and changing rooms.

Yawning, she opened the lavatory door, not thinking twice about knocking, after all, what idiot would leave the door unlocked if they were using the loo?

Diana gasped in surprise, seeing a topless oh so familiar Slytherin occupying the lavatory.

He looked at her, pulling his shirt over his head. "Are you just going to stand there and watch, Locke?" He smugly said.

She scoffed, "Is the lock broken, or are you just too dense to lock a door?" She said, uninterested.

Draco rolled his eyes, "I could say the same about you. Didn't you parents raise you to understand how knocking works?" He uttered, annoyed.

"Well, people with common sense would lock a door if occupied." She smiled sarcastically, slamming the compartment door closed, rolling her eyes.

She walked back to the compartment she shared with her brother, satisfied she got the last say in that argument.

The rest of the trip, her and her brother just read or had small conversations.

Diana carried her cat onto the platform, speaking to her brother, as the pair looked around, Neo's owl chirped happily, as the two tried to find their mother or father after bidding goodbye to their friends.

Diana watched as Malfoy greeted his mother, as she took his hand, leading him away from the crowd.

"Diana, come on." Her mother, Olea, called, her head snapped towards her and her brother.

The ride home was quiet after some awkward small talk. The rain pattered gently against the windows.

She sighed, staring out of the window, the gates of the Locke Manor opened slowly, they drove up to their big Manor, the outside was just as dark as the inside.

"Oh, we'll be attending the Greengrass' annual Christmas gathering next week. I wanted you both to know in advance." Olea told the two, walking into the Manor, hanging her jacket on the coat rack.

Diana grunted, "Another Christmas party, how thrilling." She said, unenthusiastically. Neo grinned at her, holding onto Ewok, sitting him on the ground.

"What's that, darling?" Olea asked, turning to Diana. "Nothing." She uttered.

-

Very short chapter, I'm sorry :(

-M