Chapter 18

The Dark Mark
   And Feelings Proclaimed
—————————————

Diana had been ignoring Draco, his knocks at the door, declining the sweets the house elf brought by her room from his request.

And Draco just could not understand what he could have possibly done to make her so angry with him.

Draco knocked at her door thrice already, "I know you're in there, Locke." He said in a low voice at her door.

Diana stared at the door, holding a pillow to her chest. Draco huffed in annoyance, finally wriggling the door handle.

He was surprised to find it was unlocked. He cracked the door, peeking an eye in the room, trying to spot her.

He found Diana laying on her bed. Since it was so dark in the room he couldn't tell if she was asleep or not.

Just as Draco was about to shut the door she muttered something.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Diana said lowly. Draco walked in, closing the door behind him.

"Why are you upset at me?" He asked, sounding genuinely concerned. "Because, all you see me as is your whore you can take whenever you're feeling it. Well, sorry to break it to you, pal, because I'm not feeling it! So go run along to Pansy or Astoria or whomever else you've been with." Diana rambled, her face heating up as she turned to the other side of the bed.

"Diana." Draco softly said, walking to the side of the bed, crouching down in front of her so he could be eye-to-eye level with her.

Diana looked at him with aggravation written all over her face. Her face faltering by the look of his sad expression.

"I don't...I don't just see you as that. I don't want to be with Parkinson or anyone....I want to be with you." He finally said.

Diana looked at him, sighing as she sat up. He looked up at her as she took his hand, crawling back on the bed so he could have room to get on.

She allowed him to get in between her legs, positioning so his head rested on her chest and her legs wrapped around his waist.

Wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I want to be with you, too, Draco. Only you." Diana muttered, smiling.

Draco wrapped his arms around her small waist, inhaling her scent, feeling her chest rise and fall. Listening to her heart beat.

And with that they both drifted to sleep.

The next morning Diana got up to a sleeping Draco still in her bed as she heard a knock at her door.

She slithered out of his grasp gently as to not wake him.

She walked over to the door, opening it to see her mother and Neo. Her heart sped as she stepped out of the room.

"How did you sleep, darling?" Her mother asked, eyeing her room suspiciously as she tucked Diana's hair behind her ear for her.

Diana yawned and nodded. "What's going on?" She asked. Diana's mother looked sadly to the ground, Diana's eyebrows drew together as she looked at her brother. A frown upon his face.

Diana stood in front of the Voldemort, his eyes focused on her wrist as he pointed his wand at it.

Diana fought back the tears, now she could never really go back to whom she once was.

The Death Eaters stood around the two of them, Neo stood a few feet away from Diana with their parents.

She winced as her arm stung from where the mark was placed, the ink becoming more visible. Diana locked her jaw, trying not to make a noise.