Chapter 8

The Quidditch Match
—————————————-

      Diana laid up in her bed, listening to Hermione babble on about Ron, Diana's cat curled up in her side.

Diana wasn't too sure what Hermione was going on about, though.

Diana grinned at the thought of her and Draco and what they had done last night, "What are you smiling about?" Hermione stopped her tangent, looking over at Diana.

She shook her head, "Nothing." Hermione continued on about Ron, Diana watching her move to one side of the room to another in just 3 seconds.

"Come on, Diana. You want to get breakfast before your Quidditch game," Hermione sternly said, grabbing hold of Diana's wrist.

She pulled Diana off the bed, Diana sat on the edge of the mattress with a groan as she stretched her back.

"Here, Neo already set out your Quidditch uniform earlier but he couldn't stay, and he didn't want to wake you, get dressed." Hermione ordered, walking out of the girls dormitory, leaving Diana and Ewok alone.

After Diana got dressed into her Quidditch uniform, she stepped down the stairs, not seeing Hermione, Ron or Harry in the common room, she figured they were already at breakfast.

Diana walked down the corridor, it was near packed with busy students, "Diana!" Diana turned around to hear who had called for her. Seeing Cho smile, walking quickly to catch up with her.

"Hello, Cho. How are you?" Diana smiled at her, as they walked side by side to the Great hall. "I'm okay. I just wanted to wish you good luck." Cho looked down at her feet. "You and Harry.."

Diana looked at her, frown made its way on her face, "Thanks, Cho." Diana gave her a reassuring smile as she opened the door to the great hall. She walked to the Gryffindor table as Cho walked to the Ravenclaw table.

Diana sat down next to Hermione with a sigh, "What'd she want?" Harry asked Diana in a low tone. Diana looked at him with a confusing look, "Oh, Cho? She just..wanted to wish us luck, that's all." Diana shrugged, taking a bite of toast.

Hermione looked at Harry, "You're not going to tell me you still think it's a bad idea Cho and I are friends, are you?" Diana rolled her eyes.

"Diana—," Hermione started, Diana shook her head, waving her off.

Hermione looked down at the plate in front of her, a sigh falling from her lips. Diana looked at the entrance of the Great hall, a nervous looking Ron stood at the entrance of the open doors, looking around.

"Look at him," Diana spoke, gaining Harry and Hermione's attention. Diana looked away from him, scoping out the Great Hall, her eyes landing on the Slytherin table.

Draco sat alone. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she looked back at Harry and Hermione, Harry's eyes were now on his plate whereas Hermione's eyes were 'reading' the daily prophet.

"So, how was it, then?" Ron asked, as he nervously sat down across the table, Harry looked down at his plate, cutting into his food, "How was what?" Hermione finally asked.

"Your dinner party?" Ron reminded, "Pretty boring, actually." Hermione replied, "Though, I think Harry enjoyed dessert," Hermione uttered, looking at Diana, a faint smirk appearing it's way upon Diana's lips.

"Slughorn's having a Christmas party, you know." Hermione changed the subject, "and we're meant to bring someone." She added.

"I expect you'll be bringing Mclaggen. He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?" Ron inquired. Harry scoffed slightly, "Actually, I was going to ask you." Hermione stated.