Vince then spoke up. "Wait, we'll never get to see our family again?"

"Yes, but you'll have me and your mother! You can share everything with us, you won't miss them for long, I promise, it will be worth it.

Dream heard sniffling. Shattered turned his attention to Vivian, who had begun to cry. She simply stood there, looking back at Earth, silent tears traveling down her rosy cheeks. 

She sniffed once more then turned to Shattered and whispered, "Please don't make me choose..."

Vince ran over to Vivian and hugged her. Shattered stood, dumbfounded at the two, then clenched his fists. Dream inhaled sharply and prepared himself for whatever came next, praying for the safety of the children. 

"Fine.

The twins looked up to him hopefully, but their faces immediately fell when they saw his grim expression.

Shattered snapped and they returned to the room. The room was black and grey, filled with only the bare essentials for children. The children clung to each other, scared and confused. 

"I won't make you choose. You'll stay here until you beg to be with me. You'll stay until you realize what true happiness is. Until you realize you don't need those pathetic monsters you call 'family'. You'll be here until you realize that you need me."

Vivian began to cry again, and Vince glared fiercely at Shattered. Vince let go of Vivian and walked up to Shattered. Shattered looked down at the child and regarded him condescendingly. Dream looked down at the child with pure admiration at his bravery. 

"You're a bad man. Give us back our family and stop playing tricks on us." Dream had never heard such simple, yet courageous words spoken.

Shattered scoffed. "And if I don't?

Vince faltered, but only for a moment. "Then me and my sister and my mommy will never be with you. You'll be alone and nobody wants to be alone." 

Both Shattered and Dream sat stunned at those words. 

"You've forgotten one thing, adventurer. You have no power. I can do whatever I want to you and your sister."

Vince glared angrily at Shattered and searched desperately for something to say. Finally, Vince pushed Shattered and yelled, "Go away!!" 

The push had no physical effect whatsoever on Shattered but unleashed a fierce anger within him. 

Shattered raised his arm to hit Vince. Dream and Vivian screamed for him to stop. 

Shattered paused. He looked down and beheld the terror on Vince's face, then realized the consequences of his action.

He lowered his hand and changed the room to be more suitable for children. "I'll be back.

Then he vanished, leaving the children alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Sorry it's a little short, but I think it ended most naturally there, thanks for reading!

                                                                                                                         - Adelle

Editor's note

Short, but beautiful. *chefs kiss*

                                                                                                                         ~ Valery