Jessica's confession

A week later, Sofia had gone back to school. Daniel was happy since no one will disturb him again. He woke up and took his bath. Had his breakfast and went to work. Jessica was already waiting for him at the office.
"Good morning" she said smiling.
"Morning. You are looking beautiful this morning", Daniel said smiling back at her.
"Thanks. Let's have lunch together this afternoon" Jessica said looking at Daniel.
"Uh okay".
"I thought you Will not agree?".
"Who wouldn't agree to eat with such a beautiful girl like you?"
"Are you flirting with me now?"
"No I'm telling you the real fact. You are so beautiful"
Jessica blushed.
"And you are so handsome too"
"Thanks. I have something to handle now let's meet at the restaurant nearby." He said and went to his office.
"Yess! Finally I'm getting closer to my boss". She said happily.

  Soon it was lunch hour. The workers had gone out to go and have lunch. Jessica waited for Daniel at the nearby restaurant. Soon, Daniel appeared.
"You are here already?" He asked.
"Yeah", Jessica said still excited.
"Sorry I was a little bit late"
"No it's okay. Besides you are my boss. You don't have to apologize".
"Okay".
"So what should we order?"
"Anything. You are the one that suggested that we should eat together. So I'm okay with anything you order"
"Okay"
Jessica order two plates of fried rice chicken and two bottles of soft drinks. Soon the waiter served them their food. And they started eating.
"This feel like a date" Jessica said.
Daniel laughed.
"A date? No we're just having just having lunch nothing else"
"Yeah I know. I wish it was a date"
"Why would you wish that?"
"Nothing. Maybe I like you"
"You are definitely not serious"
"No I am. I've been looking for the right time to tell you about that"
"Well okay. I don't have anything to say".
"Don't you like me too?"
"No. I just see you as my Assistant"
"Just your Assistant?"
"Yeah". Daniel said and continued eating.
Jessica took his hand.
"I really love you"
Daniel starred at her for a while.
"She's being serious. But I don't have any feelings for her, what should I reply?" He thought.
"I don't have any feelings for you. I see you as just my assistant. Here's the money for the foods. Thanks, Excuse me" Daniel said and left.
Jessica was disappointed. She watched as Daniel left the restaurant.
"I shouldn't have spoiled this moment. He didn't even finish his food. Well at least I have made my feelings known to him, I don't care if he rejects me many times, I'm still going to persuade him till he accepts me".
Jessica assured herself.

      Back at the office. Daniel was already sitting down. And thinking about what Jessica said.
" What was she thinking? Does she think I'll accept her? Oh maybe she thinks I'm still single. Whatever. I can't fire her just because of that right? She's one of the most dedicated worker I have. No I won't fire her. She's still useful to me".
He leans on his chair.
Soon, there was a knock on the door.
"Come in" he said adjusting himself.
Jessica came in.
Daniel's face changed a little bit.
"I'm sorry sir for what I said. I just..."
"It's okay. I'm not angry at all. Besides, there's nothing wrong with someone confessing his or her feelings. I'm really not angry with you"
"Thanks so much sir"
"You are welcome. You can go" Daniel said smiling.
Jessica smiled back at him and left.