Lies

Sofia had a tough time lying to her parents about her whereabout. Though her parents didn't believe her they still let her be since she's no longer a kid.
"Thank Goodness, I escaped their anger". She jumped happily.
"Do I still need to go to work? Definitely not. I have to prepare for my exams. Going to a University is more fun than working. Yeah I think so. I wish Daniel can also quit work so he can join me in a university. He is so obsessed with work as if his life depends on it. His mother can manage his company for him right? I really wished he will attend the same university with me..."
She said.
"Ha ha. Impossible. Your dreams are too high. Daniel can never leave his company behind just to attend university". James said.
"What if he eventually does?"
"Little sis, why don't you just give up on that boy for now?"
"No never. I love him so much. I should have told him about these last night"
"Oh you were with him last night?"
Sofia opened her eyes widely. She realized that she made a mistake.
"No.. I meant.."
"There's no need hiding it from me. I won't tell anybody. Besides we're cousins so I'm also your brother. I promise not to tell your parents".
"Thanks so much" Sofia said happily.
"Did anything happen between you guys?"
"Not really. He wasn't even happy with me that I came unexpected and at that hour too".
"Well he's not to be blamed. You shouldn't have left without telling anyone. It's okay since it's all gone now. So are you going to work today?"
"No. I have exams next week"
"So you are going to skip work through out this week?"
"I think so".
"Come on. Make out time to read during the weekends. Your work is also important. It's really hard to get a good work nowadays".
"No I want to spend the weekend with Daniel. I have just a little time left before I leave for school".
"Use your head for once. There's time for everything Girl".
"What about you? Aren't you supposed to be at work by now?"
"Which work? I work only at weekends. Soon I'll be going to school too".
"Whatever"
Sofia sighs and sat on her bed.
"I wonder how Daniel is doing now"
"I'm sure he's at work by now. You are just wasting away your time. You are already late for work"
"I know. I won't go to work today. Tomorrow I will go"
"Funny. Then start preparing your explanation for missing today's work"
"That's easy though. I'll just have to lie about being sick"
"I'm not surprised. Lying is already a part of you".