Chapter 1: Mario

I ran across the weird, gray floor. Below me, a green, lava-like substance boiled making sweat start to trickle down my forehead. The platforms were held together with a pink, spider-like strands that were so thick I couldn't break through them. I gazed up and saw platforms leading up to the main platform, where Bowser would be. The funny thing was, I didn't remember how I got here or what I did to get here. I shook my head. Stay focused, Mario! I double-jumped up to a platform and was greeted by a Goomba. I jumped on top of the Goomba and it exploded, blood went everywhere. I double-jumped again and found myself on the main platform. Instead of Bowser, though, I saw....Dark Pit??!!!

"What are-a you doing here?" I asked. Sometimes I said -a after I say a certain word.

"Too bad you won't be here to find out!" Dark Pit said, drawing his Silver Bow. He fired a fully charged shot, which I dodged. While I was busy doing that, Dark Pit charged and hit me with his Electroshock arm. I hit the ceiling hard before colliding with the ground. I quickly got up and used my Super Jump Punch on Dark Pit. I saw coins, signifying I had hit him. Dark Pit hit the ground before I landed on my feet. Dark Pit got up and blazed with anger. "You'll pay for that!" he yelled. Suddenly, a Smash Ball appeared. I saw it at the same time as Dark Pit, and we both lunged for it. Dark Pit smacked me away and I hit the ground. Dark Pit broke open the Smash Ball and he was encased in a rainbow aura and his eye turned yellow. I looked up and saw Dark Pit exchange his Silver Bow for his staff.

"Oh, no-!!!"

"You're toast!" Dark Pit shouted, and fired a Smash Ball-worthy shot. I saw a bright flash of white and red and I smacked the far wall behind me. I lay there, smoking and bleeding bad on my forehead from debris.

Dark Pit slowly walked to me.

Oh, no!! He's coming to finish me off with a Smash attack...I'm going to die!!! I thought.

Dark Pit stood next to me.

He exchanged his staff for his Silver Bow.

He started charging his Smash attack.

I closed my eyes and braced for the worse.

"No!" said a voice from above. An angel descended and blocked the attack. I opened my eyes and saw Pit!

"Mario...stay here. Recover."he said, handing me a fairy bottle.

"Uh...okay." I said, opening the bottle. Instantly, most of my damage was healed. Dark Pit sneered.

"Well, well. Nice to see you, Pit." Dark Pit hissed, "But no matter. I'll take you both on!"

"I got this." Pit said.

"Are you-a sure?" I asked him. Pit smiled.

"I'll be fine, Mario." he said firmly.

"You should've taken up his offer, Pit. You don't stand a chance on your own." Dark Pit said.

"Funny, I was about to say the same to you." Pit said, "So shut up before I make you!" Pit pulled out his Palutena Bow and charged. Pit used his Upperdash arm on Dark Pit and sent him flying. Dark Pit landed back on his feet and charged his Silver Bow. Dark Pit let loose the arrow and Pit reflected it using his Guardian Orbitars. Dark Pit was hit with his own arrow and was knocked back a few feet.

"Tch! You think THAT would stop me?" Dark Pit said, and charged, hitting Pit with his Electroshock arm. Pit flew backward a few feet and hit the wall.

"Pit!" I cried, then charged at Dark Pit. I spun him around with my cape and hit him with another Super Jump Punch. I landed on the ground at the same time as Dark Pit, and Pit stood up, bleeding but okay.

"Bowser! Wario! Get over here!" Dark Pit ordered, and instantly Bowser and Wario appeared.

"Oh, crap! We-a have to get out of here!" I said, and Pit nodded. "Can you fly?" I asked him.

"N-no! I can't!" Pit said, starting to panic. A loud sound filled the air and smoke went up, blinding all of us.

"Guys! Jump!" I heard a friendly voice say. I did as I was commanded and jumped, and I was suddenly riding on something. The smoke cleared and I saw Mega Man riding Rush, his robo-dog.

"Thanks." Pit gasped and Mega Man pulled up, sending us flying out of the main platform.

"No problem." Mega Man said, smiling. A portal opened up in front of us and Mega Man sent us through, and all I saw after that was blue and then nothing at all.