"I Love You, Boy..."

Start from the beginning

"They're not?" Taek asks, just as surprised.

"No," I say to him. "They're from a friend," I finish.

I continue taking photos until I'm sure we've gotten everything the editor asked for. I hand my camera over to Taek and he starts getting everything picked up and ready for me to take home. This is his first shoot as my shoot assistant and so far, he's doing well. We had a meeting yesterday kind of outlining how I like to shoot, what my preferences are and what I'm expecting of him. He caught on quickly and beside a couple little blips, it's been a good first day. Taeyong, Yuta and I move to the front of the space where we see they're putting the finishing touches on the new windows. We sit and talk for a while, catching up and I tell them about everything happening in my world.

"So they're trying to figure out who did this?" Yuta asks.

"Yeah, the forensics teams is trying to get fingerprints or any form on incriminating evidence but so far, we've got no leads," I tell him.

"If it was that shitty YG backup dancer, I swear we will kick his ass," Taeyong adds. I smile at him.

"You're so sweet T but it's fine. He can rot in hell for all I care," I tell him. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I assume it's one of my boyfriends so I let it ring while I continue talking to the guys. After a few more minutes, I feel it vibrating again, I pull it out of my pocket to see it's actually Chan calling. I tell the guys to give me a few minutes while I answer the call and they let me know they have to go either way so we say goodbye quickly and they go to get their things while I make my way to the back to answer the call.

"Hey," I say into the receiver, a wave of nerves hitting me hard.

"Hi," he says softly. We haven't spoken since the night he called me drunk so things feel awkward and weird. Taeyong and Yuta wave bye silently and I blow them kisses and mouth that I'll call them later.

"How are you?" I ask him, trying to get us over this strange vibe.

"Embarrassed," he says quietly. My initial reaction is to tell him it's fine and that he has nothing to be embarrassed about and we should laugh and put it behind us, but I also know that I don't want to do that this time. I want to make sure we're on the same page as far as our friendship.

"I'm sorry, El. I shouldn't have called you and put you in that position. It was wrong of me," he says and I can tell he's genuinely sorry. I sigh softly.

"Chan, you know I love you, right?" I ask him.

"But—" he adds and I know that he know's what I'm about to say.

"But—" I repeat, "Christopher, you're my best friend and I appreciate what we have so much but you know that's all we are right? Friends. You're my ride or die, my shoulder to cry on; you've been there for me in some of the darkest moments I've had and I will never take that for granted but I just— I'm in love and I'm very committed to them," I say as gently as I can.

"I know El. I won't lie and say I've never thought about it; you're amazing and I love spending time with you but I would much rather have you as a friend than not have you at all. I'm sorry I crossed the line, it won't happen again. And I don't mind talking to your boyfriend to apologize to him as well," he tells me. I let out a sigh of relief, happy to hear that we are on the same page.

"Thank you Channie. Don't worry, I'll let him know," I say to him.

"Okay so now can you tell me what's been going on? I saw on twitter that your studio got broken into? What's going on?" He asks.

I tell him the whole story and spend an hour on the phone catching up with him. Taek brings back snacks and drinks from the convenience store and I munch on that while I continue our conversation. It's nice to talk to him again, to have that person I can just vent to and open up to. Obviously I do have that with my boyfriends but it's different with Chan. Having this with him today, reminding me of how much I trust him and appreciate him, makes me think I want to tell him about my relationship. I know he wouldn't judge me and I know that I can trust him. I tuck it into the back of my mind. I look at my watch and realize I should probably head to the dorms.