The Best Late Birthday Present Ever: Eva's P.O.V.

(a/n: alright I've finally gotten a chance to edit and there are a few things that changed because we had some explaining to do, but if you liked the old version better I understand and you can vent your feelings to me. -love Sarox42 <3)

__________________________________

I was completely overjoyed to be going with Corin. We were all standing in the hotel lobby as he silently slipped his arm around my waist while I was talking to Rob. I don't even remember what we were talking about now. All of my focus had gone into keeping tabs on Corin.

"Your hair looks amazing," he whispered in my ear. I felt my stomach fill up with butterflies.

"I tried very hard," I whispered back.

"Your dress looks good as well." His mouth was tickling my ear; so naturally, I had forgotten what my dress even looked like. It was a light blue with black satin (or whatever it's called) over top of it.

"Most of my work went into Sarah's hair though," I said kind of loudly. I was still mad at her for taking it down.

"It's not my fault it looked wrong." Sarah shrugged nonchalantly.

"You just aren't used to having your hair up." I rolled my eyes at her.  Before leaving to go our separate ways, I pulled Sarah and Robin over to discuss a meeting place. "Now assuming that this will go completely wrong—."

"That's a fair assumption," Sarah interrupted. I raised my eyebrow and she motioned for me to continue.

"As I was saying, we need to think of a place where we can all get to quickly so we can leave immediately. It has to be Egyptian obviously."

"Well, where's the most logical place?" Rob looked at both me and Sarah curiously. Sarah shrugged and left the answering to me, as per usual.

"Cleopatra's Needle," I said matter-a-factly. Soon after that Sarah and Jace walked out the door on the way to the warehouse. I bit my lip, wishing I had told them good luck.

"Eva," Corin said drawing my attention back to him. "So we're getting information?" Corin grabbed a hold of my hand. Again, I felt like I was soaring and I had to remind myself that we were on a mission and not on a date. But why can't it be both? Immediately after I thought that I felt guilty. There were loads of reasons and four of them were my family. I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

"Yep." I muttered.

"How do you plan on doing that?" he replied. He was still holding my hand. I told myself to concentrate on the mission.

"I thought you were going to come up with this." I said half just to bug him half because I couldn't think of anything with him so close. I was appreciating the dark brown of his eyes when he told me his plan for the evening.

"Well we could always just walk around and talk to people." Corin said. I stared at him.

"Obviously," I said, slightly annoyed. "We're going to have to talk to people to find out about the amulet. But shouldn't we have, I don't know, a strategy?" Corin cocked his head to the side like he was considering this.

"Mmm, no."

***

We shadowed there. Despite Sarah's warnings, it wasn't that bothersome. Shadowing wasn't as difficult as going through the Duat so I wasn't losing my mind at having to walk through walls or anything. After talking to Sarah and Jace in that alley, we went directly to Warehouse 6. Getting into the party was easy.  Knocking out the guard that was overly suspicious was even easier. Getting some of the Darklings to talk, that was a little harder. None of them recognized me, but Corin on the other hand was a little risk. He was a leader at one of the camps, meaning that some of the Darklings would know his face. So I was elected to be the one who did most of the talking. Joy, because I have the best people skills. Not.