Chapter 25- Closing time

Ever since we came back to our house, things have been... Boring. No running, no aliens, just... Sitting and relaxing.

"Doctor! Do you want to go out and do something today?" I yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah! I'll be down in a minute!" I heard his footsteps as he ran down the stairs, and I grabbed my purse.

"You ready to go?" He hugged me from behind and kissed me on the cheek.

"Yeah. Lets go." We walked outside, and it was a cool but cloudy day.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked holding his hand as we walked through the town.

"Where ever you want to go. Maybe you would like to go shopping for clothes?" He smiled at me.

"Are you sure? Alright." We walked into a local mall, and I made my way to the baby section. Right as I was about to pick up a baby jumper, a silver rat ran across my feet and I screamed, dropping the little jacket.

"Eternity? Are you okay?" The Doctor said running over to me quickly.

"There was a silver rat thing. It looked like Cyber technology." I said my eyes widening.

"Okay. We need to find that rat right now, and take it back to the house." I nodded, and started running around the store looking for it.

"DOCTOR!" I yelled as I put my foot on the rat, and deactivated it with my sonic. I ran into The Doctor, and handed it to him.

"Oh you beauty." He said smiling and holding it up in the light.
"Okay, lets get back home so we can experiment" I smiled, and pulled him out of the store quickly. Once we got home, I helped him set up all he needed, then started making lunch.

"Hey, we're all out of milk. I ought to go to the store." I grabbed my purse.

"Okay. Love you." I kissed him on the cheek and got in the car. I started the engine, and drove to the supermarket. I grabbed some milk, chips, and ice cream. After I payed, I made my way back home. I walked in the door to see The Doctor wasnt in the room.

"Doctor? Im home!" I somewhat yelled. I furrowed my eye brows, then shrugged it off. I sat down my phone on the dinner table, and then sat down on the couch, and turned on the TV. I heard a beeping noise, then continued to watch TV. I got up, searching for the noise, wondering what it was. I was knocked down by the silver rat, and I held it over my face, as it tried to push it away, but it was strong.

"Doctor!" I yelled as I panicked. He rushed through the back door, and took it from me as it snapped its teeth at him. Now he was on the ground, doing the same thing I was, but I soniced it and it deactivated. I helped him up, then hugged him.

"What the hell have you been doing with that thing?" I laughed.

"Ive been trying to make it a scout, so we can go into the store and look for Cyber stuff." A smile crept onto his face as he said that, and I started putting the groceries away.

"Okay. Ive got to go and pick up some things from the store. I'll be right back." I rolled my eyes and turned to him.

"Okay. I love you." I took the ice cream and put some into a bowl.

"Love you to!" He yelled after he closed the door. I went upstairs to take a nap, and relax for a bit.

~3 hours later~

I woke up to the sound of The Doctor rushing through the house looking for something. I walked downstairs to see him in just his dress shirt and red suspenders.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he searched the couch.

"Oh. Um. I got a job!" He stopped and smiled, then pointed at his badge.

"They even gave me name tag if I forgot my name!" He stopped and walked over to me.

"Have you seen the rat? Ive seemed to misplaced it." He screatched his head and looked around.

"You mean this?" I asked handing it to him.

"Yeah. Why did you have it?" " I was watching it while you were gone." I smiled at him, then walked into the living room, and I lay down on the couch. Just a few more weeks until the babys come. Dont get me wrong, Im very excited, but I wonder how much our lives will change. I heard things dropping, and somewhat breaking.

"Is everything okay in there?" I turned my head around and faced the kitchen.

"Yep. Just getting everything ready for when we are going to be detectives tonight." I laughed and then turned back to the TV. We left around 11:30, and walked quietly to the store. Since The Doctor worked there now, he had a key to get in. We crept inside, and walked over to the cashier desk. I checked everything in the computers, while The Doctor scanned everything.

"Nothing here." He took my hand and we ran to the dressing rooms.

"Are you thinking that they could have a dimension door to their underground base behind the mirrors or something?" I asked studying everything in the stalls.

"Thats exactly what Im saying." He smiled, then winked at me as he pulled a mirror off the wall, then pulled me in with him in the teleport. We were teleported right into the heart of where all the Cybermen were.

"Oh my god. Doctor." I whispered and he took my hand.

"You will be upgraded!" one of the Cybermen said as we backed up.

"You cant upgrade us! We're not human!" I said nervously.

"They will become Cyber leaders." One of them said taking me by my arm, and dragging me to some sort of chair.

"No! Let go of me! Doctor!" I cried as I struggled to get out of his grip. I heard The Doctors sonic, and The Cybermen let go of me, and fell to the ground. I took my sonic out of my tweed pocket, and soniced the self destruct button. I took The Doctors hand and we quickly ran out. We ran back out of an elevator for some reason.

"That was amazing!" I squealed and hugged The Doctor tightly. I took his hand, and we walked back to our condo. Once we got inside, I flopped onto the couch, exhausted.

"How much time do we have before the babys come?" The Doctor asked flopping down next to me.

"About 4 weeks." I realized what he was getting at. He quickly took my hand in his and we ran down to the basement, and reunited with the TARDIS.

"How about Vincent Van Gogh?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Sounds fantastic." He winked, and we jumped inside the TARDIS.