Four Witch Sisters in Training chapter 14

Start from the beginning

Everyone at the dining room table looked out the window from where they were sitting, watching the army fight for their lives against each other. Be raised herself out of her seat, her eyes narrowing at Clover evilly.

Clover glanced up at her, then as if they were never working together or liked each other, Be slapped Clover in the face making a loud noise. Clover’s head snapped to the left, a red mark on her face. She slowly moved her head back to stare at Be, her hair in her mouth and eyes.

Everyone in the dining room was quiet, obviously scared of Be more than they were before. I flinched and flattened my body against the wall when Be walked by, even though she couldn’t see me.

“Like I said,” Clover said as Be disappeared down the hallway. “You can’t trust her to be your leader. She’s untrustworthy.

“We need to talk about and plan where each person in the army will stand when the war starts. We also need a place where we’ll fight them.

“Be and I already discussed the fighting grounds,” Clover replied back calmly. “There’s this big field in the middle of The Good and The Bad.”

“The Good and The Bad?” The king asked curiously.

“The bad witches live on one side of the magical world, and the good on the other side. We fight smack in the middle where both good and bad meet. It’s the logical thing to do, or that’s what Be says.”

“And as for where the army will stand at for the fight?” The king prompted.

Clover leaned over the table, eyeing the king. “We can’t discuss that, for all you know, one of them could be watching us at this very moment.”

I felt chills go through me as she said this. Things slowly dulled and faded as I returned back to the good side of the magical world. I felt my head still laying on a pillow, and the heavy breathing of Dream in the bed next to mine. Remember everything you’ve just heard I said to myself. I can’t forget what I just heard, it’ll give us the advantage of knowing what they’re doing.

Morning came, and I woke up feeling like I hadn’t slept at all. I yawn loudly, then get up and grab one of the books Landon dropped off last night. There has to be something more specific about Dreaming than what it said in the other book. I heard the floorboards creaking, probably Colleen making breakfast. I searched book after book, giving up after the fifth book.

“What are you doing?” Dream asked as she got out of bed.

“I was trying to find more information about my Dreaming, but it’s useless.”

“Well that’s because there’s only nine other people like you, and I bet they didn’t want to talk about such a weird gift.”

“You’re right,” I said throwing the book I was holding with the others. “It freaks me out sometimes, especially when Jewel saw me.”

I showered and got dressed, then went downstairs to the kitchen to see Colleen. I was about to say hi to Colleen, but I heard her talking to someone. I flatten my body to the wall, hiding from her.

“I miss you,” I heard Colleen say. “I’m not going to forget you or love anyone else, I promise. I’m just pretending I like this new guy so they don’t act like I’m a glass vase, fragile.”

I heard murmurs, then I heard Colleen cry a little. “I won’t stop trying to bring you back to life. Maybe if I get $tarr’s help it’ll be enough power to bring you back without those consequences.”

Is she talking to Turner? I walk into the kitchen, ready to see Turner’s ghost, but it looked like Colleen was talking to herself. She turned around, surprised to see me standing there.