The Lightfoot Brothers

Start from the beginning

Barley locked his orange van.

Ian walked with his elder brother to the Manticore's Tavern.

The blue skinny elf was anxious. He looked at his elder brother. "Barley, do you think the Manticore will be here this late at night?" Ian added, wondering. "Her tavern was closed for business hours." The blue skinny elf mentions.

The blue burly elf was not concerned. He looks back at his youngest brother. Barley was thrilled. "I told mom about our last quest before we left. She has the phone number. The Manticore will be here." The blue burly elf explained.

Ian was mystified. "You didn't ask our mom for the Manticore's phone number?" The blue skinny elf wondered.

Barley shrugged. The blue burly elf was puzzled. "I don't have a phone." He replied.

"I HAVE a phone, Barley." The blue skinny elf said in his frown.

"Okay, Ian...you can ask her phone number before we start our last quest then..." The burly blue elf declared. Barley knocked on the front door thrice times.

The Lightfoot brothers waited for a short while.

And then, they heard someone coming to the front door.

It opened by itself.

The Manticore named Corey. She was delighted. "Ian! Barley! Laurel called me that you two would be here! Come on in!" The Manticore exclaimed.

The Lightfoot brothers are surprised to see the Manticore. They entered the tavern.

The blue skinny elf goes to the Manticore nervously. "E-excuse me, mam..." Ian added. "You don't happen to have a phone number, do you?" The blue skinny elf asks.

The Manticore was astounded. "OH!" She added, exclaiming. The Manticore heads to her business card holder on the countertop. She pulled out her little card. The Manticore handed Ian her business card. She was smiling. "Here you go." The Manticore answers.

The blue skinny elf examines the Manticore's Tavern card. The blue burly elf hovers over his youngest brother's left shoulder.

Ian was puzzling. He grinned with unease. "This is really your phone number, mam?" The blue skinny elf wonders.

She crisscrossed her furry arms. The Manticore was eccentric. "It sure is. Laurel also told me you're graduating high school this year. Congratulations, Ian." She replied.

The blue skinny elf was happy yet awkward. "Th-thank you, mam." Ian said in his appreciation.

The Manticore was contented. "Ooo, I can't wait to see you boys after graduation next week." She said excitingly.

Barley takes a few steps forward to the Manticore. He was serious. "Say, your fellow mightiest warrior, we are here to go on our last quest-" The blue burly elf said.

The Manticore was pitiful yet still cheery. "Ooh, your last quest! Aw man, I'm gonna miss seeing you two taking risky quests! I know your younger brother is going to college after graduation! At least I will see you and your mom, Barley!" She exclaimed.

The Lightfoot brothers blinked their eyes twice.

They recognized after Ian's high school graduation, they won't be taking quests anymore.

Barley was more disappointed than his younger brother is.

The Manticore was compassionate. "Oh, hey! Look I don't mean to put you boys into sad moment here! Well, I'm hiring waiters and more chefs in this tavern!" She added, exclaiming. The Manticore was bewildered. "Wait, can you cook Barley?" She inquired.