11 - someone's thirsty

Friday, November 11th

I bring my water bottle to my lips, squeezing the water into my mouth. "No thanks."

"Oh, come on, why not?" Ciro throws up his hands.

He's been bugging me about tagging along with him, Jett, and Hugo after practice since before we even got on the field. I have no interest; besides, I see no reason for me to go.

"Please?" He puts his hands together, just like Carson does.

I lower my water bottle. "Is this what you do after practice instead of resting like you should be?"

"Hey, don't change the subject," he says, and I roll my eyes.

I sling my bag over my shoulder. "I'm leaving." I place my water bottle into its spot in my bag before turning towards the parking lot.

Ciro watches me walk away, and he crosses his arms.

"Carson will be there."

I pause, exhaling deeply. He huffs, and I know that he has a dumb smirk on his face. He knows that using her as leverage will persuade me.

Damn bastard.

I turn around. "When and where?"

When I arrive at the arcade, Ciro, Jett, and Hugo are already waiting for me at the entrance

When I arrive at the arcade, Ciro, Jett, and Hugo are already waiting for me at the entrance. They flag me down, inviting me to come over. The only thing is, I don't see her.

"Where's Carson?" is the first thing I ask when I approach them. I'm still looking for her even as I'm standing in front of them, hoping that maybe she already went inside.

Ciro looks back at the other two, hesitating to answer. Hugo gives him a small nudge of encouragement. I adjust my glasses, already growing impatient.

"I might've lied." He laughs awkwardly, hoping that it'll relieve the tension.

"Alright," my hand immediately falls back down to my side, and I turn around. "I'm leaving."

Jett steps in front of me, putting his hands up near my shoulders to block me. When he gets afraid of touching me, he lowers them back down. "Come on, you're already here."