Chapter 13: A Decision

Start from the beginning

The songs are fun to play, I can sing like Julian fairly well, and the whole vibe of the album just fits Lungmen.

It was written about the experiences of living being young and living in New York City, and Lungmen is about as close to New York as you can get in Terra.

I can also make up believable stories for the song's lyrics, which just makes it easier to have people believe that I wrote the songs myself rather than stealing them from another world.

And I read up on music magazines and people seem to be slowly wanting more and more "regular" rock music. A big reason why Is This It got so popular was due to how people were so oversaturated with experimental and heavy rock music that a laid-back, "return-to-basics" rock album just itched that spot that was left untouched for a long time.

And it seems the case is the same in Terra, so if I were to release Is This It right now, people should eat it up the same way they did back on earth.

...

What I'm trying to say is that it just works.

The only downside is that if I were to form a band, I would need to have full control over all the songwriting and titles for the entire album.

And if it's successful, then I would need to maintain that control for more songs and future albums that I could copy from the rest of The Stroke's discography.

I mean, just using the name "The Strokes" could turn into a hassle if other band members don't like it.

...

I'm really greedy, aren't I?

...

I sigh, "But that's all for a later date..." I mutter to myself.

For right now, I can just nail down the guitar parts for Is This It, and then think about other stuff.

It's gonna be a while until I even have the time to record a full album, no less the entire rest of the releasing process.

So... I might as well enjoy myself for right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, it rains sometimes

But I'll know I'll be fine

Someday, Someday

You will be mine

Just not all the time

Someday, Someday."

...

"That was surprisingly good something you wrote yourself." Texas says, driving the car across dirt roads back to Lungmen, now finished with the delivery, "It just feels a bit barren."

"Well I have chords and such written down, but I don't have anyone to play them right now, so I can see why you would think that." I explain, "But, what do you think of the lyrics, any changes you think would fit?"

I deviated from the original lyrics to "Someday", I don't know whether I'll keep it like this or stick with the original, but it's always fun to sing different lyrics to a familiar tune.

As long as those lyrics are good, which is why I'm asking them about-

"The lyrics are perfect!" Sora lightly yells, "The use of rain works really well, saying that the world is trying to bring you down, but you'll be just fine~"

"And the second part, "you will be mine, just not at the time," is just so good!" Sora continues, "It sounds great on the track, and it's definitely relatable."