Huffing, I could no longer stare at the sourness that was Creed so I pulled out the flask I had secretly strapped against my thigh with my knife and handed it to him. "It's vodka." As I looked at him he was already giving me a look. He slowly licked his lips with one brow arched and his eyes were squinted a bit as if to say what the fuck, but then he clenched his jaw and gazed forward. For fucks sake.

I pressed my lips into a thin line and gave the flask to Sicily, watching her take a quick gulp and then shove the metal thing in Creed's hand. "Take it because you're not gonna get what I know you really want," she said, voice stern. She meant what she was saying, you could see it on her face and hear it in her tone.

He stared at her for a beat, no sign of anything that could tell you what he was feeling or thinking, and then the flask was thrown at her chest and he shoved past, knocking her shoulder almost aggressively. Tsk-ing, she whirled around in defeat and took another gulp, then handed the flask back over.

"It's Julio, isn't it?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest, and I racked my eyes across the room, taking in every man and woman dressed in suits and dresses so fancy and expensive. I felt out of place wearing this short black silky dress but then I wouldn't go out of my way to look like anybody here, it wasn't me.

"Yeah," Sicily uttered before sighing, "and the asshole hasn't even shown his face, yet he still manages to get inside Andrés' head."

Gazing at her, I saw the hurt on her face, like she was upset that his father still had some control over him and he didn't do anything to stop it from happening. Creed never gave me the impression he'd let somebody take control over him, but I guessed as much as I knew about him it wasn't enough to know him. Axel was slowly opening up to me and I wouldn't mind if his brothers did too.

"You seem to know Creed well," I said, emphasizing the last syllable as I handed the flask to Damon this time round, and he didn't waste a second downing the liquid inside, making me chuckle.

A small beat passed us and then Sicily laughed, raising her eyebrows in astonishment. "He's my best friend, of course, I do." She said as the corners of her mouth turned upward-a smile very bright, making her seem grateful.

She was thinking about him and it made her happy. I wasn't going to lie I thought they were more than what they led on, but the way best friend rolled off her tongue-like they were only ever platonic made me believe I read into things.

Licking my dry lips, I gazed to my left and tilted my head to the side, seeing Creed stride his way back to us. Something was off about him like he was running to warn us about something or rather someone, but I brushed it off because it was too early for anything to happen.

I might not have known Julio but I knew a man like himself didn't just start a war because he felt like it and when he felt like it-and without a motive behind it, either. And if he would do something it wouldn't be when you were expecting it.

"How do you guys know each-"

"We need to leave," Creed grumbled quietly, grasping my upper arm with a harsh grip. My face twisted with agitation and irritation as the unexpected move was forced onto me, and I hissed.

He dragged me with him into the crowd of people, pushing past to get to the exit like his fucking life depended on it. "Creed, stop," I gritted, trying to pry him off, but then his grip tightened and I couldn't get his fingers to detach from around me. "We just got here," I stated while being brought in front of him, and then I looked up at him from over my shoulder, hearing a groan spill from his throat.

Cursing in my head, I pried my way around and stopped, trying to push him back without making a scene but eyes were already on us. I could tell how irritated he was becoming as I stood my ground and fought back when he harshly grabbed my arms and tried forcing me toward the exit.