Day One - Thanks for the clothes

Emily....
I couldn't sleep.
The bed was too soft and the blankets smelled funny.
I could hear the guys out in the living room still talking with Ms. Rosa.
I understand that to them I'm only this poor helpless child that needs rules and supervision. But I am fine on my own.
I got tired of trying to sleep and just threw the blankets off of me.
I was wearing a new pajama set. They were My Little Pony ones. Blue background with a big rainbow and under the rainbow were several different ponies playing.
It was colorful, so I liked it. Plus they were very soft and warm.
I had put on some rainbow fuzzy socks with them just because they looked super cozy.
But now, in what they called 'My Room' I felt like I didn't belong.
My stomach growled and I frowned. I should have eaten earlier. Now if I go out there they will give me a look and then say that this is what happens when I don't eat with them.
I went to my window and looked out. There was a fire escape. I grinned and quickly pulled my new sparkle shoes on and grabbed my new My Little Pony coat that was soft and warm and then I climbed out the window and headed for the dumpster.
I had found a half eaten apple and was just about to take a bite when I heard someone call out "Emily! Get back in the house right now!" I jumped and dropped the apple and took off running as fast as I could in the opposite direction. With a smirk I called out over my shoulder "And thanks for the clothes!"