Chapter 20 - First Date Preparations

Start from the beginning

Kara nods her head, and then slowly sinks down into the chair facing Andrea, not having any idea what this 'private conversation' could be about.

"It.... has come to my attention recently.... that you are pursuing a relationship with.... Lena..." Andrea begins.

As soon as Andrea says those words, Kara gets a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach, while also being a bit annoyed too, as this has nothing to do with Andrea. Lena chose her over Andrea, Andrea needs to deal with it.

Andrea stops speaking, expecting Kara to say something back, but the blonde doesn't, she doesn't want to give the owner of CatCo the satisfaction.

"Anyway....." Andrea eventually says, "Lena is a dear friend of mine..... So..... I wanted to make sure that your intentions are pure..... Many people have taken advantage of Lena, for their own selfish gain, and betrayed her. I want to make sure you are not one of them. Then also, I wanted to make sure that, seeing as you are a new foster mother, that you are aware of how all this could affect your foster daughter, and Lena."

After Andrea finishes speaking, Kara doesn't say anything for a few seconds, but she eventually grows a very annoyed look on her face.

"Okay, firstly...." Kara begins, in a clearly annoyed voice, "Lena and Lori are already very much aware of our dating situation, and both are happy about it, and happy spending time with one another. So that is not a problem. Then secondly, I am not one of those people who is trying to take advantage of Lena or betray her or anything, but from what I have heard, you are. Lena has told me about how you stole the amulet that her mother was looking for, that you both went looking for together. So please don't act like you are on any moral high ground here, or are even asking these questions for Lena's benefit. You are asking these questions because Lena is going on a date with me, not you. I'm sorry that your feelings have obviously got hurt, but Lena chose me. Maybe things won't work out, and then you can pursue your feelings, but until then, you have no business getting in the middle of Lena and I's relationship. You are Lena's friend, not mine. To me you are just my boss, and it is very inappropriate for you to be having this conversation with me."

Andrea opens her mouth to say something, but Kara cuts her off.

"And please don't try and say you are doing this for Lena, as if you were giving me the shovel talk or anything. You are not that type of friend to Lena. Not anymore." Kara says, "If I'm going to have a shovel talk, it will come from Lena's friend Sam, not you. But now I'm done, and I don't wish to talk about this again."

Kara then gets up from the chair and walks out of Andrea's office, not letting the CatCo owner get another word in. She then heads back into her own office, and sits down at her desk, with a groan, annoyed by the fact that she has to deal with a clearly jealous Andrea, who also happens to be her boss.

Kara's phone then buzzes, and that is when the blonde sees that she has a missed call from Alex, along with a text that reads 'Call me'. So, Kara does just that, and rings her sister.

"Kara!" Alex says, in a relieved voice.

"Hey, Alex. Is everything okay?" Kara asks, in a slightly confused voice.

"No.... Yes.... Sort of...." Alex replies.

"What's going on?" Kara asks.

"I'm really sorry, Kara, but Kelly and I are not going to be able to watch Lori tonight." Alex explains.

"What?" Kara says.

"We just got word that the social worker assigned to Esme is going to visit our home, along with Esme this evening, to finalise everything. If things go well, then hopefully Esme will be able to move in to live with us starting tomorrow." Alex explains, "We could still have Lori there.... but.... we don't want to add anything else to the situation which could go wrong for us in any way.... I'm really sorry Kara."