CHAPTER FOUR

After work I decided to pop to the shops to pick up some groceries and something quick to eat. My body was still aching and I was looking forward to soaking in a nice hot bath before snuggling into bed. It's just a shame Robyn wouldn't be joining me, but I'd just spent the whole weekend with her and we didn't see each other every night. We had our own things to do; hers seeing family, having nights with friends and her evening classes. Me, I had the odd night with friends. I usually spent the night with Robyn a few times during the week and we always had just an evening together, usually just having dinner and every other weekend I went to visit her parents.

When I entered the apartment building I was surprised Liam wasn't there. He's usually sat behind the little wooden desk and opens the door for those with their arms full, or calls the lifts. I would appreciate the gesture this evening as well. He's a middle aged man and very friendly, unlike a few of the others. The night man was the worse, I think he's ex Military or something and always looks so miserable.

I managed to get to my apartment though which was on the seventh floor and spacious enough for only me; one bedroom, bathroom and open floor Kitchen and lounge area with a long breakfast bar separating the two parts. It came fully furnished with modern decor and furnishings so I never needed to buy anything. I just personalised it a bit over the years, adding the odd accessory. I liked to keep it all basic; the only luxury was a large oak book case I filled with books and the odd photo.

After flicking the lights on with my elbow at the front door, I headed towards the kitchen area with my bags, ready to dump them when I noticed movement coming from the corner. Before I could turn around, guessing it was Kennedy my dog, I felt a sharp pain in my head before everything went dark.

Waking up, it felt like I was in a sitting position and I didn't seem able to move my limbs, only my throbbing head. Had I been knocked out; I managed to open my eyes but only saw darkness. Where was Kennedy, surely if there was an intruder he'd have them pinned down. Being an ex Police dog he was trained for such things and knowing he enjoyed his old job, I still took him to the training centre every week where he worked alongside with those training to be Police dogs, helping them.

"Samuel right" someone asked in what I believe to be a European accent, I'm guessing from in front of me.

I didn't answer at first; I tried to remember whether I've heard that voice before, it sounded familiar. Then it came to me, it was the voice from a call I had a day or so ago on my mobile. They asked who I was and I told them, asking who they were. They apologised, saying they had the wrong number and hung up. I only told them my name because they sounded confused, looking for someone else but I don't recall who. It didn't seem important, just a crossed number, but I guess I was wrong. Am I being robbed now or something, did they randomly call a number and locate me after giving my name; I won't make that mistake twice.

I felt a slap across my face and the person demanded I answer them, so in a strong voice I replied a 'yeah, I'm Sam'. Although I was scared, after a life time of being beaten up by peers and my Pa, I knew better than to show fear. Ok, it didn't stop them from doing whatever they intended but I learnt it was easier to just take it. Unfortunately, I couldn't cover myself this time because it seemed I was tied up. I just hoped if I done as was asked, I wouldn't be hit again.

"Good" he answered and I felt him at my feet and what felt like his elbows came to rest on my thighs. Feeling material against my skin, I guessed I didn't have my clothes on, which was confirmed when I felt his calloused fingers trail down my chest and he told me I was

real cute for a guy.

I had been touched by strangers before, in a more intimate way so it didn't terrify me much, if that was what he was aiming for. Instead I just sat there and didn't flinch as his hand moved down till he reached my briefs and cupped me; at least I wasn't totally naked.