Chapter 25

Halfway through the party, I was bored out of my mind. I didn't drink, I wasn't in the mood to black out and make out with someone like last time. Even though you-know-who wouldn't mind it. I shook the thought from my mind.

Walking through the hallways randomly, I paused at a door. I didn't hear anyone in there, so, I walked in. It was empty, as I predicted, and also the messiest room I have ever seen- and I lived in a prison cell. I lowered myself on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Thoughts were swimming through my head and I couldn't stop the overwhelming majority of them. Thoughts from my past to the fact that I'm at a party right now. To think you would learn your lesson...

The door creaked open, a large figure entering the room. I watched the figure approach the bed, the dark room making them unidentifiable. A sudden thump and curse sounded throughout the room, letting me know that the figure was male. I stifled a laugh at his clumsiness.

He stood in the middle of the room, looking around. I sat up on the bed, crossing my legs. I watched him with a hand under my chin. This is the most fun I've had all night- and it's not even that funny.

He walked in the direction of the bed slowly. Closer to the bed, his belt caught on the bedside table. He must not have noticed, because he kept walking. His belt loosened, his pants inching down. I watched in amusement as his pants pooled around his ankles.

I laughed when he cursed. His head shot up in the direction I was sitting. He reached out, flipping the lamp on. His face illuminated, his features clear. I didn't recognize him, meaning I've never seen him before.

"Who are you?" He asked me, stepping closer. He forgot about his pants around his ankles, making him trip. He fell forward, half of his body on the bed. I laughed at his misfortune. "Well?" He must've been drunk, because he was unfazed by the fact that he was halfway off the bed.

"I should ask who you are?" A look of recognition flashed across his face.

"I'm Rex. Aren't you Gabriella Stone? The girl who's known by half of the population?" He asked, amused. I nodded, sighing.

"Sadly. Though you can't blame them for knowing who I am." I flipped my hair over my shoulder jokingly. He chuckled, straightening to a standing position.

"Don't mind my pants. That table has always been stupid." He smacked his hand on the table before pulling his pants up. "So, why are you in my room exactly?"

My cheeks reddened. "Oh, I was just looking for a quiet place. I was pretty bored downstairs." I shrugged sheepishly.

"So my party was boring?" Rex raised his eyebrows, sitting beside me on the bed.

"No! I was just- this par- this just isn't really my scene anymore." I shrugged. He nodded, scooting up on the bed.

"I understand. My stupid friend made me throw this party. His parents were home and mine weren't."

"Who's the 'friend'?" I asked.

"You might know him- Noah? Noah Webb?" I groaned.

"Of course! Everything in my life has to revolve around him!" Rex looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Noah-freaking-Webb has to be a part of everything! My miserable school life, my semi-miserable home life, even a cool guy I met has to know him!" I threw my hands in the air. He laughed.

"Seems to me like he's stalking you." Rex joked, nudging my side.

"I'll say! In three months he has taken over my life!" Rex chuckled.

"He can't be that bad- I mean, did you ever think he just wants to be around you?"

"Everyone says that, but why would he do what he has done if that was the case?"

"Wait, you're that Gabby!" I wrinkled my eyebrows.

"What do you mean, that Gabby?"

"Noah talks about you a lot. Never shuts up about you, really."

My heart fluttered at the thought of him talking about me.

"That Laura chick doesn't seem so fond of you, though." I rolled my eyes.

"I would presume so, Rex. I mean, would you be fond if someone who kicked your arse?" I asked, a smile on my face at the thought.

"Oh yeah! I remember that! It was the best thing ever." He laughed.

The door opened then, Noah walking inside the room. He looked at Rex suspiciously, assessing our close proximity.

"Hey, Gabby, I've been looking for you everywhere." He moved into the room.

"I've been here." I shrugged.

"How long?" He asked. He stared at Rex with a look I couldn't decipher.

"Like, ten minutes, tops." Rex reassured him, patting his shoulder. I stifled a laugh. "Why does it matter, Noah?" Rex asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Rex." Noah said in a warning tone. He's cute when he's mad.

Shut up, subconscious.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone. I should get back to my party." Rex stood, leaving the room.

"What did you two talk about?" Noah looked at me, the curious puppy look making me internally coo.

I thought it was just a crush?

Shut up, subconscious.

"Nothing really. His belt caught on the table and his pants fell down." I laughed picturing the memory.

"So his pants were down?" His jaw set, his fists clenching.

"You're not, jealous, are you?" I asked him incredulously. He looked away from me, his face reddening. "Oh my, God! You are!" I started laughing.

"Don't laugh about it."

"Why are you jealous?" I asked him, still smiling.

"I'm not jealous. Rex is a huge player and you don't need to be around a guy like that."

"You're any better? I've heard a lot of stories about you. He's your friend- why are you saying things like this?" He shrugged, looking at the ground. "Noah?"

He looked up at me, his hair sweeping his forehead. He moved closer to me, his hand reaching my cheek. "I haven't kissed you in a week... I need this."

Before I could respond, his lips collided with mine, my thoughts incoherent.

Yeah, it's more than a crush.

*~*~*~*

Hello, strangers!

It's been too long! Sorry for going MIA for five days..

My mom had to go to the hospital on Friday and got released yesterday. The hospital wifi was the worst.

But I'm here now!

And remember the contest! Email me an edited cover and I might choose it to be the cover for my book! Email me at: dakota.hillin@gmail.com

Until next time, my little bundles!

Vote. Comment. Share.