Chapter 2

"Gabriella?" I heard my name through the speaker on my wall and looked up. "Gabriella, would you come downstairs please?"

I stood from the bed, walking out of the room and to the direction of the stairs. I barely remembered which way to go. I hopped down the stairs and saw Diane waiting at the bottom for me. I smiled at her. "You can call me Gabby, it's less of a mouthful."

Diane's smile seemed to widen when I spoke to her. I then realized I hadn't spoken since I got here last night. My accent was pretty strong.

"Well, Gabby, since you are staying with us, I have to inform you that, in this house, school is a mandatory activity." She said, jokingly. I smiled, which felt like more of a grimace. "I managed to sign you up at the local high school on Friday since I knew you would be coming this weekend. They told me that you may start tomorrow. Alex, Noah, and the twins all attend there as well. Since you just got here last night, I understand if you would rather just start on Tuesday." She smiled at me.

"I think I will just get my first day over with." She nodded and opened the black leather book in her hand.

"Well, Alex usually drives the twins and Noah drives himself. I will let Alex know that you will need a ride." She smiled, I nodded, and she turned around disappearing through a door.

I turned around to go upstairs and bumped into someone. I looked up at Alex. He smiled. "I heard mom say you were going to start at Westmore tomorrow?" I nodded. "I'd be happy to give you a ride. I leave at 7:30, so be ready, okay?" I nodded and began my way up the stairs.

I had only spoken to Diane since I got here. I can't get close to anyone.

Not again.

~*~*~*~

I've heard of an alarm clock waking you up, even the birds waking you up peacefully. The latter being very rare. But to be woken up at 6:30 in the morning by a sequence of shouts, water running, and pots and pans clanking around in a kitchen? Not used to that.

I sat up in my bed, rubbing my eyes. It was still slightly dark outside, and I didn't appreciate the pounding and screaming resounding through the hallway. I stood from the bed, walking towards the bathroom attached to the room. I didn't bother looking in the mirror, already knowing I looked like a baby prostitute or something. I turned on the shower, stripped and hopped in. The warm water woke me up and I bathed before hopping out. I brushed my hair and wrapped myself in a towel and walked into the closet across the bedroom. I grabbed a pair of ripped jeans and a Ramones t-shirt that was sent here with my stuff.

I heard a knock at the door and moved to answer it. Before I could grab the handle, the door swung open and Logon walked in. "Mom said to hurry or you won't be able to eat breakfast." He walked out before I could respond. I sighed, put on my shoes, grabbed my ratted backpack, and walked downstairs.

The kitchen was alive with boys running around, Diane yelling at them to calm down, and Clay watching along with complete amusement while sipping his coffee. I managed to squeeze through the buslting crowd to the counter. I grabbed a muffin from the dish on the counter and turned toward the door. I heard Clay bid me goodbye on my way out the door. About a foot from the door, I bumped into what felt like a brick wall. Stumbling back, I looked up, seeing one of the most attractive men I have ever seen.

"Who the hell are you?" And there goes that thought. His eyebrows furrowed, his eyes squitning in anger. "Why are you in my house?"

"I- uh- I l-live here now?" He looked at me for a few seconds before storming past me and into the kitchen. I heard the shouting get louder, then quieten, then the boys all walked out into the foyer.