Chapter 14

The alcohol in my system did not help my judgement in this situation. Noah was kissing me and I didn't push him away.

It felt good.

I kissed him back which surprised him more than me. I pushed him backwards toward the bed. He switched us around, making him on top as we fell back on the bed. I pulled at the hem of his shirt. He broke the kiss to pull it off, reinstating the kiss. I put my hands on his stomach, feeling the muscles tense. Abs. His tongue asked for entrance which I gladly granted. I ran my hands up his chest to his hair, gently tugging at the strands. He groaned deep in his throat, making shivers run down my back.

He pulled at the shirt I was wearing, ripping it apart. It's not mine anyways. "We should stop." Noah said, pulling away. I pouted, pulling him back down to me. "Gabby, we need to stop." He sat up, grabbing his shirt. He handed it to me.

"Why?" The alcohol was still there, barely, but there. I want to know what's in those drinks.

"You're drunk." He said, like it was obvious.

"Yeah, and? I know what I'm doing." I reached up for him again.

"No you don't. If you did, you would've run out of the room when you saw me." I pouted, standing from the bed.

"Why did you do it?" I asked, walking closer to him.

"What? Kiss you? You were teasing the hell out of me and-"

"No. The rumors. Why did you start them?" He was backed against the wall with me a foot away.

"I.. I don't know really. I was bored and needed entertainment." I scoffed. Douche canoe. "Why are you here?"

"In this room? Well, the guys downstairs are douchey-er than you." I shrugged.

"I mean here. In Tennessee. Living in my house."

"I've told you. I don't have anywhere else to go." I turned back to the bed, sitting against the wall.

"But why?" He sat in front of me on the bed.

"How many times? I'm not telling you. Nobody knows." I looked at him.

"Why can't you tell me?" He softly demanded.

"Why was I the only option for your entertainment?" I snapped. I opened the door, stepping out.

"You forgot a shirt, Gabriella." Noah said, flatly. I shrugged.

"Not like the people here haven't seen worse." I left him in the doorway, walking down the stairs. I had pretty much sobered up from the most civilized argument I've ever had. I spotted Alex sitting on a couch with his buddies. "Will you take me home?" I asked, standing awkwardly. I tried to cover my stomach a little with my arms.

"How much are you charging him? Does he get the friends and family discount?" The jock from before said walking past. I spun around, my fist cocked. His laughter does down and he walked away quickly.

"Sure, yeah, let me tell Noah." Alex said, standing from the couch.

"No, no, no, you don't have to. I'm sure he will find out soon enough that we left." I said, nervously. "I'm sure he can find his own ride."

"Alright, I'll call him later to make sure, though." He was always so caring. "Can I ask what happened?" We hopped into the truck, Alex revving the engine.

"I'd rather you not.." I stared out of the window, the events from tonight finally sinking in.

"It's shaken you up a bit, though, so if you want to talk, I'm here." He smiled at me, driving down the dark road.

I nodded at him and continues to look out of the window. I can't believe that just happened. I kissed Noah. I made out with him. If he didn't stop me, I don't know what could have happened. Not only was I freakin' shirtless- and still am- but I pulled his shirt off too.

But I can't seem to being myself to regret it.

*~*~*~*

"We need to talk." Noah's voice broke through my mind. I was zoned out, working on my essay for English.

"I'm sure you have better things to do. Like, maybe, you're essay?" He scoffed, sitting in the bar stool next to me at the counter.

"Like I do homework." He laughed at the idea. "We need to talk about last night."

"Oh ok. We went to a party, I got drunk- I don't know about you. I came home and went to sleep. The end." His eyes were narrowed at my sarcasm.

"You know what I'm talking about, Gabriella."

"I was drunk, Noah. I can't be held responsible for what I do when I'm drunk." But yet have been..

"You weren't that drunk when we were making out in that room. A drunk man's actions are a sober man's thoughts." He stated, smugly.

"I'm not a man, Noah. You should know this." I tried to sound sarcastic, but it came out weak.

"Gabriella, look at me." He demanded, softly. I turned my head towards him. I kept a straight face, but inside I was freaking out. I knew my actions would have repercussions, but I had no idea what they would be. "That was not a drunken kiss. You wanted that kiss just as much as I did. You know it's true." He stated, assessing my face.

"Noah, please, just-" I was cut off.

"Gabby? You have a phone call." Diane said, cutting through the conversation. I stood, walking to the phone she held. "I'm sorry." She said, before walking out of the room.

"Hello?" I asked, hesitantly.

"Gabby?" A familiar voice sounded through the phone. My blood went cold, my face going pale no doubt. "Gabby! It's me! It's been too long. I'm coming to visit soon. I cleared it with that nice lady." Angela's voice was happy, too happy. The phone fell from my hand, crashing to the floor. It was getting hard to breath and my knees were buckling.

"Gabby? Gabby, what's wrong?" Noah's voice was frantic. He was at my side in record time, catching me as I fell back. Everything went black.

*~*~*~*

Woah there.. Who's Angela? This chapter had some action in it.. The next chapter is coming soon and it's gonna be one hell of a roller coaster. (Just a little teaser.) Until next time my little bundles :)

Vote. Comment. Share.