022

"Sam! Eddie? Hello? Anyone?" I hear, and I snap my eyes open, reaching on the dresser and grabbing the walkie-talkie. "Yes, I'm here! What's wrong?" I yell back as I press the button.

"Mom called, said the cheer team told her about Chrissy's Funeral." Max says, and I sigh, taking a deep breath before pressing the button again to talk. "Is it today?"

"Couple hours, can you come to Nancy's first?" She replies, and I groan, setting the walkie-talkie back on the dresser. "Okay, yeah."

"Alright." She says, and I slam the walkie-talkie back on the dresser. I look at the note on the dresser, 'be back soon -eddie' and I frown, standing up and groaning at the pain in my legs.

What does he mean be back soon? He's not supposed to be going anywhere, is he out of his mind?

I reach down, grabbing my shorts and throwing them on, immediately walking out of the room. I walk into the living room, and no one is in here or the kitchen. I roll my eyes, going over to Jackie's door and furiously knocking on it.

The door swings open and Jackie looks at me, half asleep. "Samantha, you have to quit waking me up." She groans, and I look around her room seeing no one. "Where the hell is Eddie?" I ask, and she looks at me confused.

"Well, if Miles is gone, they're probably together." She yawns, and I shake my head, rubbing my forehead in frustration. "Eddie cannot go anywhere, the second the police spot him he's going to prison."

"Okay, don't worry, I'm sure they just went somewhere to smoke." She says, sitting back down on her bed, and I sigh. I don't have time for this, I have to go to Chrissy's funeral. I don't even know why he would remotely think that it would be a good idea to go anywhere. If they want to smoke then they need to smoke in the house.

"I'm going to kill him, but I have to go, when he gets back tell him that I'm going to murder him, and tell him to reach out to me or my friends through the walkie-talkie as soon as he steps foot in the door." I reply, and she laughs, but then she stops as if she remembered something.

"Wait, wait a second- what happened last night?" She asks, and I immediately start blushing. "I will tell you, but I really have to go. Oh- and can I barrow that stuff you used to cover my hickeys? Going to a funeral and I'd rather not walk in with hickeys from the boy who they think murdered her."

"You're going to her funeral?" She questions, standing up and handing me a little bottle. "Yeah, I mean we went to school together, on the cheer team together, it's only right." I reply, and she nods, laying back on her bed. "Oh, well have fun?"

"Right, I'll go have fun at a funeral..." I trail off, and she laughs, "I don't know what else I'm supposed to say!" She yells as I close her door. I walk back into our room, looking through my bag for something to wear. I didn't exactly plan an outfit for a funeral.

I can just steal something from Nancy.

I pull out jeans and a sweater, opening the door to go shower, but I already hear the shower running. "Jackie! Are you serious?" I yell, banging on the door, and I can hear her laugh. "I have somewhere to go too!" She yells, and I groan, walking away from the door.

Looks like I'm showering at Nancy's too.

I grab my keys, going outside to my car and driving off towards Nancy's house. I don't know why they need me to come there, but I'm assuming they've pieced together some more shit.

When I get to Nancy's I groan seeing that Steve is still here. I mean, yes, he's supposed to be helping watch my sister, but after last night I really don't want to see him. I softly knock on the door, and Nancy's mom answers it.