060

Unknown POV

"Sir, they need you in the basement." Alena, my receptionist, says to me as soon as I walk through the door. "Okay, thank you." I reply to her, holding on to my briefcase and walking over to the elevator. I scan my card, pressing the button that will allow me to go into the basement.

The elevator doors open, and I walk all the way down the long hallway, reaching my second office. One upstairs, and one in the basement. Everyone isn't allowed down here, just a select few.

I set my briefcase down, and I take off my suit jacket, hanging it on the coat rack. I reach over, grabbing my lab coat. I walk over to my file cabinet, grabbing the exact file that I know I need from the cabinet.

I already know why I was called down here, there's no question about it, and I've been waiting for this moment for the past 2 months. I grab a pen off of my desk, and I walk out of the door and back down the hallway. I turn left, reaching the locked door, and I grab my card again, scanning it so that the door will unlock.

I walk into the room, looking around at everyone who is gathered around the one hospital bed that has a patient in it. "What's going on here?" I ask, setting the file down and grabbing gloves to put on my hands. One of them rushes over to me, eager to tell me what's going on.

"He woke up! He's up, and he's not like the others. Every other patient died within 10 minutes of them waking up, but him, he's been up for 5 hours." He explains, and a smile immediately spreads on my face. I walk over to the table, looking down at the patient.

He's trying to break out of the chains, but it's impossible, so he's only draining himself more. "Everyone out." I say, and they all nod, walking out of the room. I walk over to one of the tables, grabbing a tape recorder and starting it.

"Patient 32, day 63. Finally, the patient is awake, and seems to be trying to escape, but it goes in increments." I say, walking over to him and grabbing a few things to experiment with. I hold up a scalpel, running it along his arm, deep enough to draw blood. He grunts at the pain, and I watch as the cut immediately begins to heal.

"Healing is at 100%, 3 second react time. A cut from a scalpel healed immediately." I say into the tape recorder, setting it down and setting the scalpel to the side. He continues trying to break out of the chains and reach me. "Settle down, work with me, and I'll get you what you're hungry for." I continue, and he seems to listen to my directions.

I grab the tape recorder again, speaking into it. "Patient 32 is adjusting to the change well. Conscious, but seems to be out of it. Slightly sensitive to light, but seems to be able to follow verbal directions."

Trial 213 is a success.

Finally, this is what we've been waiting for, and we found him at the perfect time. All the others died, but him, he's different. He's special. He's my work of art.

I continue to do testing on him, checking for everything that I checked with the others. He passes every single one with flying colors. This is unbelievable, I never thought it would work.

After hours of work, I decide it's best to let him feed, that's the best thing for him right now. I take my gloves off, walking over to the door and opening it, looking at everyone who left the room standing there. "Naomi." I say, looking at the brunette girl, she turns to look at me, smiling.

"Yes?" She says, walking over to me, and I motion her to come in, shutting the door behind me. "I am so glad you chose me, sir, I can't believe this one worked." She says as we near him again, and I nod, smiling at her.

"Don't scream, you should be grateful to have been a help in this project." I whisper, and she looks at me confused as I grab her, forcing her neck down to his mouth. He immediately attacks her neck, and I look away as he continues to feed on her.

I grab the tape recorder again, watching how quickly he completely drains her of her blood, her body falling to the ground. "Feeding went well, but he's a fast eater, we're going to need another way to satisfy his hunger. Other than that, we've successfully created another vampire."