039

"Come on, help her climb the rope!" Eddie yells, holding on to me and helping me go up the rope. I continue until I reach the gate, and I flop down onto the mattress, letting out the breath that I've been holding for a while.

"Fuck." I say, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. They rush over to me, moving me off of the mattress and looking at me. Robin immediately hugs me, and I hug her back, but at the moment I cannot feel any emotion, my head is running with too many thoughts.

"Max." I whisper, but as I'm saying it I turn to see her coming through the gate. She comes over to me, grabbing my hand. "Sam, are you okay?" She asks, and I nod, and she pulls me in for a hug, not letting go of me. I hug her back tightly, frightened after Vecna showed me her dying. I don't know what I would do without my sister, I need her.

"Sam, how are you feeling?" Dustin asks, and Max lets go of me as Dustin helps me to my feet. "Uh- I don't know. I'm okay." I reply, watching as Eddie comes through the gate, and Steve follows right behind him.

"Are you okay?" Steve asks, and I step back as they're all circling around me. It's overwhelming to have everyone in my face and asking me if I'm okay after that. It's too much. "Okay guys, I'm fine, I just need a minute, please." I reply, and he nods, stepping back.

"Sorry, sorry. She's right. Let's just, uh, Eddie will you stay in here with her?" He says, looking around at everybody and they all start to step back. "Yeah." Eddie replies, and they all walk outside.

"I'm so glad you got out of there." He says, looking down at me, pulling me into his arms to hug me. He rubs my back as I don't reply. I think he knows that it was a lot, and I know he knows that the last think I want right now is to talk about it.

Vecna let me go, but if he didn't I think Eddie would have saved me. At least I'd like to think that.

"I could hear you. Thank you." I say, and leans his head on top of mine, not letting me go. "You really could hear me?" He asks, and I smile as I start to relax.

"Yes, everything you said. I heard it all. It helped me." I reply, and he lets out of a sigh of relief, pulling back from the hug to look at me. "Good. That's really good. I was worried." He says, and I nod, looking away from him and down at the ground.

"I'm fine, well, I'm still alive." I breathe out, and he frowns at my answer. "We're going to figure it out. I won't let him touch you again." He says, lifting my chin up and forcing me to look at him. "I promise." He continues, and I can't think of anything to say, so I continue nodding, my mind wandering off to everything.

Vecna scared me by showing me how the people I love are going to killed by him, but I'm not going to let him get into my head because I know we're going to figure it out. If anything he's only made me want to be around the people I love more.

"I know t-" He starts, but I cut him off, kissing his lips softly, and he looks at me. "What was that for?" He asks me, but he brings me in for another kiss before I can reply to him.

"So that you wouldn't ramble on about Vecna. Fuck him, we're going to kill him." I say, and he smiles at me, kissing me softly again before hugging me again. I feel bad, I know that was probably scary for him to see. After he saw Chrissy and Patrick die that way, I know he was probably worried that I was going to die.

"I know you're right, we're going to kill him. Everything is going to be okay."" He says hugging me tighter, but the only thing on my mind is my mom and how I'm supposed to just act like I didn't just learn the craziest shit from Vecna. Everything he told me about my mom comes rushing back. I have to snap out of it and go figure out if that shit is true.

"It's not. Everything is... everything is fucked up." I say to him, pulling back from the hug, and he looks at me confused. "Sam, we're going to kill him. It won't be fucked up." He reassures me, and I already forgot that he has no idea everything that I just found out. Hell, I have to tell them that Vecna is literally planning on destroying Hawkins.