Shopping with a girl who has superpowers

Start from the beginning

"El, this is Eddie Munson, the guy I told you about in my letters," Mike said with his arm draped around the girl's shoulder.

"I see. I am Eleven, also known as El," she said while sticking her hand out to shake. I took it and smiled, but she was staring at my mouth. Right, the fangs, I forgot. I was about to open my mouth to explain, but she jumped the gun.

"You don't have to tell me, Mike already caught me up. It is a surprise to see you in person after Mike told me about your legendary campaigns. You are just how I pictured, other than the fangs and whatever else you have." She said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh-Uhm, thanks?" I almost blushed. These kids really do like me, or at least my campaigns. It seemed El liked me too, maybe only because Mike did, but it was better than not.

"What she also forgot to mention was she's going to get inside your head," Steve stated.

"Wait what," I questioned.

"You didn't think we brought you here to go shopping did you?" Nancy scoffed.

No duh, I thought. They told me there was a girl with superpowers, but why did she need in my head and what was she looking for? When and why did they plan this without me knowing? What a shitty surprise.

They didn't trust me.

*Wills POV, the night before*

I couldn't hide so many secrets at once, Johnathan soon noticed my hand behind my neck as Eddie left with Steve. He pulled me aside and asked if I was okay, I shook my head no, I dragged my brother outside and spilled the beans. I told him how I felt when Eddie stepped in, how the vibrations of the mind flare pried at my nape.

Dustin overheard, I didn't know he was still outside. He gaped at me and Jonathan. Turning he reached for the door handle.

"No, wait, Dustin, don't tell-" I was cut off by the door slamming in my face.

"Well shit," Johnathan said. "Once Nance finds out she's gonna flip and demand Eddie brought to her in a cage.

"He seems like a cool dude, and if Mike likes him, I like him," I stated. But I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. Something evil was attached to Eddie Munson, and it wasn't the tail.

*Dustin POV*

Soon after Eddie left with Steve I sat among the shadows on the porch thinking about heading home when I heard the door creak open. Will and Johnathan stepped onto the wooden planks talking in hushed tones, but I could hear every word.

Once Will spotted me I was already reaching for the door knob. I didn't want to tell Nancy, or anyone, that Will had felt the mind flare on Eddie, but if it was for his safety then it was for the best. We needed to get through this as a team this time, I learned that the hard way. I had to share information that could save Eddie, it would benefit us all.

*Nancy's POV*

"Slow down Dustin, start again, this time take a deep breath and relax," I said trying to calm the boy down as tears started forming in his eyes again.

"Will said he- he felt something on Eddie, something like the mind flare," he stuttered, wiping his eyes with his coat sleeve.

I knew it. I knew something was wrong, my instincts always kick in on a bad feeling. Pinching my temples I arranged to get Eddie to the Starcourt mall, away from any remaining civilians, so El could read him. If he was clear then he was free to go, but if there was a leach, he had to be detained.

Telling the rest of the boys to go home before it got too late, Jonathan gave Mike and me a ride home. Kissing his cheek and giving a pitying look towards Will, I hopped out of the car and headed inside with Mike.
Once inside I dialed Steve's number on the landline, it was already two am, but he picked up.

"Hey nance I'm sorry about earlier, I just-"

I cut him off, "listen, Will felt the flare's presence when you guys arrived. It's no coincidence, something is wrong with Eddie, and I can prove it."

I heard Steve sigh on the other end and after a couple of seconds he spoke, "okay, I surrender, what do you suggest." He asked.

"I already told the others, we're meeting at the mall tomorrow at one pm at the food court, don't be late," then I hung up. He didn't need more of an explanation, if he trusted me he'd come, and if I knew Steve he'd be there.

*Wills POV, present time*

"I don't think their coming," I said.

Mostly everyone from last night was gathered in the mall as part of Nancy's plan, the only person missing was Lucus. He decided to go to the hospital to stay with Max and catch her up on everything, even if she was unconscious. Although today Eleven joined us, she was the main piece in the plan.

As soon as I spoke the broken glass door squeaked on its metal hinges as it was swung open. There came Steve and Eddie, sauntering in like they owned the place. I felt the tingle on the back of my neck instantly and placed my hand over the chill.

A look of shock covered Eddie's face as he glanced at Steve, I realize he must not have told him the plan. No matter, all that needed to be done was simple, Eddie only had to cooperate. It went swimmingly at first, he and El shook hands and she seemed to like him, for now.

*Elevens POV*

I love this Eddie's style, it reminds me of the time I snuck away to Chicago. Mike told me all about him in letters, and caught me up to speed on the current dilemma. When Eddie smiled while shaking my hand, I caught a glimpse of his fangs and I knew what I had to do. I had to go into his mind to find the missing puzzle pieces, this would all make sense if we knew how he turned into this, how he was alive, and why Will felt the evil presence.