Chapter 8

Anne's POV

Sasha likes me. She actually like likes me. I mean I like like her too. I assumed with as much flirting and blushing that we have been doing it, it was clear as day that we liked each other.

Marcy is a true wing woman.

I kept my head on Sasha's shoulder for the remainder of the evening until...

"Anne," my mom shouted from down the hall, "the girls better get going. Don't want them walking home in the dark!"

Marcy hopped up, grabbing her backpack off the bed, "Well that's my cue. I will see you guys later."

Marcy lived a little farther than Sasha, explaining the whole rush. Sasha carefully moved my head off her shoulder. I groaned, not wanting her to go.

"I have to go," she smiled, getting up.

I stood and wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tightly. I think it caught her off guard because she stood stiff before reciprocating the hug.

I gave her a sad look, "Do you really have to go?"

She nodded, "Yeah. Got a few things to get done before the weekend. I'll text you though."

I waved as she left me in my room, alone. Then, I noticed she had forgotten her bag with her prom suit in it and her backpack. I quickly picked it up, running down the hall.

My mom yelled, "Anne, where you going?"

"Sasha forgot her stuff," I called back, rushing out the front door.

I ran and ran to the point I was out of breath. I sat down on the cold concrete sidewalk, trying to catch my breath.

For someone that just left my house, Sasha must have sprinted.

As I was getting back up, I seen that one of Sasha's pockets on her backpack was open. The items within the pocket had spilled onto the ground. A few ink pens. A pink lead pencil. A crumpled note with my name on it. A large eraser.

Wait a minute. A note with my name on it. What is that about?

I lifted the sheet of paper, unfolding it to read it.

Anne,

I just wanna be upfront with you. Sounds cowardice because here I am writing it instead of saying it to your face. Anyways, I want you to know I like you a lot. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I feel like you might like me too. I'm sorry if I read the signals wrong.

Sasha

She must have wrote this before talking with Marcy earlier. I placed everything in her bag the way I found it, continuing my way to drop it off at her house.

I knocked on her front door, hearing what sounded like her parents bickering.

Sasha was right about that for sure. Her parents were always at each other's throats.

The door creaked open a little for Sasha to peek out.

"Anne," she whispered, "what are you doing here?"

"You for- forgot your stuff," I lifted the bags.

Sasha stepped outside, gently shutting the door behind her.

She giggled, "You know that you could've texted me, letting me know you were coming. Better yet, it could've stayed there. I would realize it was gone."

Duh Anne! You could have just texted her or waited til next week. Geezzzz.

"I wouldn't have got to see you," I fiddled with my hands, "There was actually something I wanted to talk to you about."

Sasha gazed into my brown eyes to show her focus.

"I accidentally spilled some stuff out of your backpack earlier and found a note with my name on it," I nervously said, "I know I shouldn't have, but I read it. I overheard yours and Marcy's conversation when I came back to my room earlier too. I'm so sorry for invading your pri-"

Sasha placed her hands on my cheeks, kissing me softly. The kiss was fast, but gentle.

She pulled back, "Oh my god! I should have asked! I don't even know if you feel the sa-"

I gave her another kiss on the lips. This time it was passionate and lasted longer. I laid one hand on top of hers while the other pulled her closer.

"Sasha, it's okay. I have a confession to make," I admitted, "I like like you. A lot. I didn't know how you felt, and I was afraid screwing things between us up."

Sasha's shocked expression softened, "Anne, I really like you too. You could never screw anything up with us."

"Us," I turned my head out of curiosity.

Sasha instantly became flustered, "I mean, if you know."

"You are cute when you're flustered," I took her hands in mine, "I would like that a lot."

"Okay then," Sasha snuck back inside, "I better get back to my room before my parents notice. Be careful. Text me."

"I definitely will, girlfriend," I grinned from ear to ear.

Who would have guessed? Me of all people, dating the head of the cheerleaders and going to prom with her. Nothing could possibly ruin prom at this rate.

___________________________________

-Whit