Hermione quickly opened her eyes, sitting upright in bed. She took in a deep breath and lifted her hand up to dry her wet cheeks. What a horrible nightmare. Hermione gasped. 'But was it a nightmare?' She quickly crawled out of bed and walked towards Draco's bedroom, only to slowly open it and peer inside. A sigh of relief left her lips when she saw platinum blonde hair on one of the pillows. She stepped back and closed the door, careful to not make any noise that might wake him up. She slowly walked back to her own room, where she laid back down in bed and closed her eyes, hoping to not be woken by another nightmare again. A few hours later Hermione had woken up, gotten ready for the day and was just about to walk out of the common room when Draco's closed bedroom door caught her eye. Was he up yet? She walked up to his door and knocked on it.
'Draco?'
No answer. Hermione sighed and opened the door. She stepped towards the bed and stopped next to Draco before shaking his arm. 'Draco.'
Draco slowly opened his eyes and looked up, a small smile appearing on his face.
'Time for breakfast.' Hermione said, turning on her heels and wanting to walk off.
'Hermione.' Draco said, gently grabbing her wrist to stop her from walking away. Hermione turned back around to face him just as Draco sat up straight and looked up into her eyes.
'What?' Hermione asked.
'I just wanted to say- I'm sorry about what happened last night.'
'Just forget it ever happened.' Hermione said, quickly turning around and making her way out of his room. A big part of her didn't want to forget about the previous night, but she knew it was the best for everyone. She walked out of the common room and down the stairs, hoping her friends would be able to distract her from her own thoughts. When she entered the Great Hall she only saw Ginny and Ron sitting at their usual spot. Her heart made a slight jump when she didn't see Harry, partly relieved and partly scared, because if he wasn't here, where was he? And what was he going to do? She sat down next to Ron, saying a quick "Good morning."
'Where is Harry?' she asked.
'Still in bed.' Ron answered.
'Oh, okay.' Hermione nodded.
'Something wrong?' Ginny asked, furrowing her eyebrows at her best friend.
'What? No, why would there be something wrong?' Hermione quickly answered, perhaps a bit too quickly.
'Because you're looking rather- distraught? Off? Upset?'
'I'm not and nothing is wrong. Nothing to worry about.' Hermione smiled, waving it off.
'Sure.' Ginny said, not believing a word Hermione just said, but choosing to drop the subject.
Hermione looked up and saw Draco walk into the Great Hall. His head turned to the Gryffindor table and Hermione could see the corners of his lips ever so slightly curl up, making Hermione to look down at her plate.
'Harr is taking rather long to get down here.' Hermione noted, trying to distract herself.
'Indeed, maybe someone has to go get him before breakfast is done and he hasn't been able to eat.' Ron said.
'I'll go.' Hermione said.
'Are you sure? You haven't even eaten yourself.' Ginny stated, raising her eyebrows at the odd behaviour of her best friend.
'I know, but I'm not even that hungry, I'll go get him and eat when we're back.' Hermione told her, getting up from her seat. She turned around and walked towards the open double doors. She quickly walked up the stairs, making her way over to the Gryffindor Tower where she told the Fat Lady the password to the Gryffindor common room and stepped inside, where she almost bumped into Seamus. 'Hey Hermione, been a long time since I've seen you here.' Seamus smiled, stepping back from her.
'Hey, I know, that's what happens when you've got your own common room.' she shrugged with a small smile.
'What are you doing here?'
'Getting Harry.'
'Oh alright, he's still in our room, d'you want me to get him for you?' Seamus asked.
'That would be great.' Hermione smiled.
Seamus nodded and turned back around to walk up to the stairs and disappearing from Hermione's view. Within a few moments Harry walked after Seamus down the stairs and raised his eyebrows when he saw Hermione leaning against the couch. 'Thanks Seamus.' Hermione said.
'No problem, see you downstairs.' Seamus said, passing her and walking out of the common room.
'What are you doing here?' Harry asked.
'I've come to collect you for breakfast Mr. Potter.' Hermione answered.
'I'm not hungry.' Harry said, crossing his arms in front of his chest.
'We both know that's not true.'
'I just don't want to go downstairs, alright?'
'No, that's not alright, come with me.'
'No.'
'Seriously, Harry? How old are you? Two?' Hermione sighed.
'No.'
'Well, you sure are acting like a two year old.'
Harry sighed and unfolded his arms. 'Alright, just go.' Harry said, following Hermione out of the common room and down the stairs. Just when they entered the Great Hall Harry stopped in his tracks. Hermione turned to face him and raised her eyebrows. 'Something wrong?' she asked.
'I just have to do something.' Harry said, turning left and walking away from Hermione and towards the Slytherin table. 'Harry?' Hermione hissed, but Harry walked further. She heard a few older Slytherin students say things like "What are you doing here Potter?" and "Blood traitor.". But it didn't stop Harry from walking further into the Great Hall and stopping behind Draco. Draco turned around to face Harry and nodded when Harry said something to him, only to get up from his seat a moment later and following Harry back to Hermione before he pulled her with him to the hallway. Harry let go of her wrist when they were out of sight from all the students in the Great Hall. 'What?' Hermione asked, rather confused to why the three of them were standing in an empty corridor.
'What did you want to tell me?' Draco asked.
'I wanted to apologize for last night. It was wrong of me to think you hurt Hermione.' Harry said.
'That's alright, I'm the obvious suspect after everything I've done the past seven years.'
'No, it's not okay. I shouldn't have judged as quickly as I did. I should've listened before accusing you.' Harry said, shaking his head.
'It's alright.' Draco shrugged, holding his hand out for Harry to shake. Harry looked down at it before taking it and shaking it. Hermione just stood there, her lips tightly pressed together. What was she even doing there? And what was she supposed to say? "That's a great start for a new friendship. Oh by the way we kissed last night even though your best friend is my boyfriend."
'Ready to go and have breakfast? Or did you want to say something else?' Hermione asked.
'No, that's it really.' Harry shrugged.
Hermione nodded and turned around to walk back into the Great Hall, but just as she wanted to walk one of the two guys took her wrist, making her turn her head and see it was Draco.
'Can I talk to you for a moment?' Draco asked.
Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. She didn't really want to talk to Draco, she had no idea what to say to him after what happened the previous night. She hadn't been able to stop thinking about him ever since it happened, making it uncomfortable to even look him in the eyes.
'I'll leave the two of you alone.' Harry said before disappearing into the Great Hall.
'What?' Hermione asked, taken aback by the coldness that waved through that one word.
'I wanted to talk to you about what you said this morning.' Draco said.
'Time for breakfast?' Hermione asked. 'Well, it still is so-' she said, wanting to turn around, but Draco gently took her arm in his grasp again. Hermione looked down at his arm before looking up at his face. Draco let go of her and sighed, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. 'I was talking about that thing you said about forgetting what happened last night.' Draco said, looking down at the ground.
'Yes?'
'I don't think I can do that.' Draco told her, meeting her eyes again.
'And why's that?'
'Because I don't want to forget.' Draco said.
Hermione widened her eyes, taken aback by this confession, one she hadn't seen coming. 'I think-' Draco started.
'Hermione, are you coming?' Ron asked, all of a sudden appearing at the door opening of the Great Hall. Hermione stared at Draco for a moment, trying to regain her composure before turning around to face Ron, seeing him walk up to them.
'What are you doing, ferret? Just stay away from her.' Ron said sternly, wrapping his arm around Hermione. 'It's okay.' Hermione reassured him. Ron kept his lips tightly pressed together and pulled Hermione with him back to the Great Hall, before disappearing into the room after shooting Draco a glare. Hermione looked over her shoulder just in time to see Draco staring at her. What was he thinking?