These two men are going to be the death of me. It seemed like they knew something I didn't from the way they looked at each other.

We made our way to the gallery and it was massive. Or maybe that's just how all galleries were. I had only been to an art gallery once or twice when mom worked at The Fjord, but it couldn't hold a candle to this place.

"Wow." I breathed out and Mr. Charlie chuckled.

We walked towards and admired a portrait that looked so much like it was taken by a camera but on closer inspection, it was actually a painting.

"We wouldn't need a flycatcher in here if you keep having your mouth agape." Mr. Charlie mocked me folding his arms.

I closed my mouth and rolled my eyes. "I like looking at art. Sue me."

"Oh if I sued you, you wouldn't be able to afford it."

"I didn't mean it literally." I gritted my teeth and it took everything in me not to facepalm there and then.

"That was painted by one of our most popular artists Rosé. Isn't it mesmerizing?"

Mr. Charlie and I both turned around to face the voice that we heard from behind us.

"Mum?"

"Louise?" We voiced at the same time.

Oh. It all makes sense now. I put two and two together. This was the gallery she had gotten employed at.

I gave my boss a look and he just shrugged his shoulders. I cleared my throat and decided to talk about this with my mum later.

"Miss May said she had briefed you. I suppose we could start the meeting right away?" I asked the assistant manager. My mother.

"Of course. Right, this way." She led us to an office and we sat down on the leather chairs.

"Would you like some tea or coffee?"

"Tea please." I answered quickly for the both of us and mom left to make us our tea. Mr. Charlie opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"You would be up all night if you drank coffee at this time." He nodded biting back his words.

"Do you pity me that much?" I tried wording my sentences in polite ways so I wouldn't come off as rude to my boss.

"Excuse me?"

"Did you give my mom this job just because I have you a quick rundown of how shitty my life is?"

"Louise."

"I understand you were trying to be nice and help me out but this just makes me feel even more inferior to you and very embarrassed."

"Louise." I looked at Mr. Charlie who had a serious expression on his face.

"I didn't give the job to your mother. She applied to this gallery and I quickly brushed through her form; she has pretty high qualifications. She has proven she is very good at her job and a fantastic curator. She's so good she even got the job as the assistant manager.