Dungeons and Dragons is like Vecnas curse

Zacznij od początku

*Wills POV*

I felt it. As soon as the guy named Eddie walked in, I felt the tingling sensation on the back of my neck.

*Eddies POV*

After a while, Steve came out of the building. He stomped to the car, kicking the tire before hopping in and turning the engine on. I knew that was my cue to go, I stood and shared a hug with Henderson, then made my way to the car. I'm not sure what was said inside, but Steve was fuming. He was going way over the speed limit, and kept tapping the steering wheel in frustration. We peeled into his driveway, switching the headlights off and slamming the door, Steve marched out back without saying a word.

I figured I'd leave him alone to cool off, so I decided to grab a six-pack and a bag of chips and finish the movie from last night. Soon enough I downed half the bottles and the whole bag before I started to drift asleep. Before darkness could take me there was a loud thump from out back. I lazily opened one eye, but when the noise repeated I drunkenly staggered to my feet to look out the window. It was almost one in the morning but Steve was outside throwing rocks in no general direction. I tapped on the glass to get his attention, he looked briefly behind and walked to the back door.

"You summoned Munson," Steve snapped.

"Yes, your majesty, it's bedtime, and the king must get his beauty rest," I giggled.

"Oh god are you drunk man?" He asked.

"Noo," I slurred. "I'm just tired."

"Seems like your the one who needs some beauty rest. Come on, you can use the guest bedroom tonight, it's much better than the floor."

He helped me up the steps and lent me a stack of old clothes that weren't my taste, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Flopping into the bed I allowed the mattress to consume me as I finally fell asleep.

"Eddie."

"Eddie," the voice called again.

I blinked my eyes open and sat up. Looking around I wasn't in Steve's house anymore, I was outside. But not just outside, I was in the upside-down. Panicking I stood and spun in a circle to find I was outside the creel-house. A shadow was standing in the window from the top floor and it called out once more. Following the voice inside and up the steps, I found a man. He was around my height with blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a white jumpsuit that almost looked like a straight jacket.

I tried to ask who he was, but nothing came out, I couldn't speak. But I had already guessed, this was 001, in other words, Vecna. Trying to run back downstairs I found my feet were glued to the floor, I couldn't run or talk. Panicking my breathing became labored and my vision began to cloud, my only thought was bent on escaping.

Shuffling behind me he leaned into my ear, "Oh don't be scared, I won't hurt you, I'm here to offer you a deal," he whispered.

Flinching at his breath on my neck I finally spit out 'never' and scowled at him. He just smiled, placed his hand on my shoulder, and said, "oh you will want to take the offer, or I will kill everyone you love sooner than later."

Trembling under his touch with my mouth sealed shut I only glared at him.

"You will take the deal in time, I'll be back, and you will except, or face my wrath," he cackled maniacally. "But love, don't tell anyone about this, or I will take the one with the hat first," he said sinisterly.

My eyes shot open and I plummeted from the air and onto the mattress at Steve's. Taking deep breaths and trying not to hyperventilate, I turned my head at the sound of the bedroom door swinging open. Steve stood in the opening, allowing light from the hall flood into the dark room.

*Steves POV*

I was so angry at how things turned out at the meet and greet. Eddie went full transformation without letting us explain the situation first, which would have been smarter. Nancy had a cow, Johnathan took Nancy's side, but the kids seemed fascinated. Robin tried defending Eddie, but I soon got fed up with the yelling so I just left without resolving much.

On another note, Eleven never showed, Hopper took her along to scout the town and gates in attempt to close some cracks. So maybe next time to break the tie, and meet Eddie, eleven can put in her opinion. She's usually good at reading people's true intentions anyway, so I'm sure she'll help.

Arriving home I went out back to clear my head and after a while, Eddie called me inside. I knew he was drunk because I could smell the liquor on him and he slurred his sentences. I helped him up to the bed and gave him some extra clothes.

It was almost four in the morning and I still couldn't sleep, there was too much to think about. Suddenly I heard a scream and there was a sound like a kid jumping on the bed. I rushed out of my room and flung the guest's door open to find Eddie sitting on the edge of the bed, tears streaming down his face, wings out, and violently shaking.

Sinking into the mattress bedside him he flinched. I didn't know what to say in these kinds of situations, so I just let him get the sobs out while awkwardly sitting there. Soon he calmed down but he wouldn't look at me, so I finally popped the question, "another nightmare?"

He just nodded his head and leaned back into bed curling up under the covers. I didn't want to push, he would tell me when he was ready, or not at all, so instead I pushed him over and slept over top the covers beside him. He grunted and tried to push me away, but I pushed back and he let me be. After a while I heard small snores coming from him, and I finally drifted into slumber.