Its Okay

∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎∞︎︎

"Can I have this dance?" Adonis turns and sees Stefan behind him. Adonis puts his cup of punch down, eyes Stefan's hand.

"Go!" Bonnie pushes him toward the Salvatore.

"You gonna be okay?" Adonis looks to his best friend.

"I got Caroline." Bonnie spots the blonde walking over to them. "Go."

"Save me a dance?" Adonis raises his eyebrow.

"Of course." Bonnie smiles.

With that Stefan drags Adonis onto the dance floor. Stefan twirls Adonis around and pulls the boy into him. Adonis wraps his arms around his neck, smiling brightly, as they sway to the music.

Adonis notices the way Stefan's eyes never leave his. Adonis chuckles. "What?"

"You look amazing." Stefan eyes him up and down. "You would've had everyone wrapped around your finger back in the 50's."

"Including yours?" Adonis tilts his head as they continue to sway.

"Definitely mine." Stefan nods with a smile.

"How was it back in the fifties? Was it like the movies? You know all the varsity, leather jackets, milkshakes, car dates, etc, etc." Adonis lists off.

Stefan twirls the boy again, bringing him back into his chest. "Oh yeah, 100% just along side McCarthyism and segregation and nuclear arms race."

"Hmm." Adonis hums "You know you should so teach me a dance from that time, maybe like the...hand jive?"

"No." Stefan shakes his head. "That's not gonna happen."

"Come, baby, please." Adonis pleads giving Stefan his best puppy dog eyes. Stefan's eyes soften. He closes his eyes and shakes his head. "You're so teaching me how to do the hand jive. You know you are..."

"I know." Stefan sighs. A loud silence fills the air between them, both of them feeling the tension.

"I'm sorry." Adonis speaks up.

"No, I'm sorry." Stefan says. "I didn't notice how cozy I was getting with Elena until you said something...we shouldn't have gotten that close at all and you have every right to be mad at me."

"But I didn't have to go off on you, the way I did." Adonis grabs Stefan's hand and leads him towards a corner away from the crowd. "It's just that trusting is so...hard for me. Because every time I trust someone my world goes to shit, but with you it's different."

"How so?" Stefan asks softly.

"Because I am utterly in love with you, Stefan. It makes trusting 10 times scarier." Adonis says in a low tone. Adonis looks down at his feet, his fingers fiddling with the bottom of his shirt.

Stefan steps towards Adonis and cups his cheek, lifting Adonis's head up so they could make eye contact. "Say it again."

Adonis stares into Stefan's dark forest green eyes. "I am in utter love with you, Stefan. I love you. I can't believe I just said that, I—"

Stefan pulls the Baros boy into a deep kiss. This kiss was so much better than their first. This kiss was filled with more passion than ever before. Most importantly it was filled with love.