Not only humans but all the animals he owns attack everyone except him. They also know who owns them and to whom they have to serve their loyalty. His men brought the cage in which the dog was caged leaving it in the room alone with Cyrus.

Without any fear, he opened the cage and the dog jumped out of it ready to rip apart the person but the moment Cyrus's presence came into the dog's sense he slumped down on the floor throwing his head down in submission.

Cyrus wrapped the heavy dog collar around his neck keeping the chain of the collar in his hand but in a manner that Hazel wasn't able to see it. For her, the dog wasn't restricted at all.

"You wouldn't harm her. Understood." He ordered the german shepherd glaring in his eyes motioning at the unconscious Hazel. The dog threw his head down obeying Cyrus.

Cyrus took a chair from the corner, placed it in the middle of the room, and settled himself on it. He pulled the dog in front of him and stared at the unconscious girl for God knows how long.

Hazel gulped down finding his blank expressions scarier than his angry ones. He wasn't saying anything, neither he was blinking nor he was moving his hawk eyes away from her slightly trembling body.

A few minutes passed away in complete silence. But suddenly the room echoed with her horrified scream. She scooted back without caring about the chains damaging her flesh.

"NO! PLEASE DON'T!" She screamed in horror when the scary dog ran towards her ready to pounce on her.

Cyrus was fast enough to tug at the chain to stop the dog. The little creature was only two steps away from jumping on her. More tears escaped her eyes as her trembling increased as well.

"Please please don't plea-- AHHH!" Another scream ripped out of her throat when the dog cleared the difference and barked right on her face making her turn her face away.

She curled her body pressing herself against the wall even more. Her cries become louder when the saliva of the barking german shepherd met her cheek.

The side of Cyrus's lips curved up as he again tugged the dog backward. Her body was now almost on vibration mode. Her heart was beating vigorously against her chest. She felt like it will burst out of her body at any time in fear.

She squeezed shut her eyes letting the rain of tears fall over her flushed cheeks. The dog walked back to his owner standing in front of him again. The room fell silent once again. No barking, no screams, only light sounds of her sobs and sniffling.

It wasn't like Hazel never liked dogs. She loves puppies and dogs. She had a few dogs and cats in her village whom she used to give food to every night after work. But this dog was a different case.

He was 10 times larger, scarier, and hungry than the dogs she knew. He looked like he was just waiting for a moment to rip her apart and quench his thirst.

A few minutes flew away without a single noise made by anyone. She slowly detached her eyes looking through her wet eyelashes. Just when Cyrus noticed her opening her eyes he threw his last card.

He loosened the dog's chain making the dog comply with his unsaid orders. The dog with full speed plodded towards her earning another throat-ripping scream from her as she again shut her eyes.

The dog snarled, barked, and grunted while coming closer to her letting her taste the fear till it takes the place of the bravery she has stuffed in her veins. Her head started lightening up and all she knew was murmuring again and again in fear.

"Please stop please I beg you stop. Please." She kept on mumbling those words and Cyrus's ears were sharp enough to hear her.

He pulled the dog back and pushed him inside the cage closing it. The girl was beyond terrified to handle another attack from the dog. He looked at the trembling girl and without another word he placed the cage out of the door closing it. He once again took a seat on the chair silently staring at the heart-wrenching view without any remorse.

He didn't do anything to comfort her. To tell her that nothing will happen. Instead, he kept seated there staring at her with blank eyes.

I beg you! Stop!

He flinched frowning when a familiar voice echoed in his head. He shook his head looking at Hazel who was mumbling those familiar words like a mantra.

He blinked a few times licking his lips before standing up and walking near her. She curled up even more crying out thinking that it was the dog again but no. It was the devil himself.

He didn't say anything to her or exchange any comforting words. He simply opened the chains releasing her wounded flesh and picked her up in his arms letting her silently cry. Somewhere in his heart, he knew what he was doing was wrong. But his world was never right.

It was unfair to him, it is unfair to everyone. He sacrificed a lot to reach where he is right now. And now when he finally wants something he desires the most he can't seem to let it go. He wants to be selfish. He was being selfish from the day she entered his life. And she was the sole reason that has given rise to his selfishness.

He placed her over the soft mattress. The whole way to the bedroom Hazel didn't dare to open her eyes again. She was dead scared.

"Please Stop." She mumbled and Cyrus heard it perfectly. He pulled away from her covering her with the blanket.

"Sleep." That one word was enough for her to obey him silently. She indeed had learned her lesson to not disobey him. Gazing at her shivering body for a few minutes he walked to the open balcony staring at the starry sky.

He sighed heavily shaking his head. Years. It's been years he heard that voice. Then why today? He felt like something snapped in his head crashing all of his plans to punish her even more.

That dog stunt wasn't his only plan to scare her. There were more. Like he said she will face his worst side he wanted to show her that. But that voice in his head didn't let him.

His phone ringed making him answer it still gazing at the clear sky. "Boss should I turn the temperature of the basement low." He knew what his man was asking permission for.

He wanted to freeze her near death and wanted to bring her back so she would understand the fact that not even death can take her away from him. He controls her life, and he will be the one to control her death as well.

"No, forget the other instructions I gave you." The man frowned yet obliged his boss dropping all the plans he was making to torture his runaway woman.

Cyrus threw the phone in his pocket glaring at the brightest star in the sky. His nose flared up when memories started hitting his head.

"Mind games. Physical games. Death games." He mumbled joining all the words he used to hear in one go.

Looking away from the shiny sky he took a seat on the couch on the balcony. Tonight he didn't want to sleep beside her. All the memories her embrace used to make him forget tonight came crashing over him. He wasn't ready to let those memories go.

They make him stronger. And he will never let anyone control his mind till he would forget that part of his life that taught him that.

Yes, life is never fair. To anyone. We should always take what we want. No one cares for others. It's all about what you want.

____________________________________

Cyrus's mind is fucked up. I repeat he's a messed up man so don't expect generous actions from him.

Next will be updated soon. Keep on liking and commenting.

Try following me here and on Instagram to connect with him. It's mirah_selim.

Till the next adios.