To thank him again for helping out, getting his pack involved. We're gonna grab a drink and just do 'normal' stuff.

Mace and Alfie share a glance and then chuckle. There is no such thing as normal in the werewolf world. Sorry to break it to you mate. Alfie offers but I shake my head.

Well we can try, I think we deserve that at least.

True. Aflie exhales. Race you back to the house? I'll beat you this time.

Not a chance. I say instantly before taking off between the trees.

Asshole, didn't even say go!

Ha-ha. Sucker.

Never have I felt so much at home.

Everett invites me over to his house later in the afternoon and I bring a bottle of the finest whiskey I could find. When he meets me outside his large white pack house, he smiles at my appearance and grants me a hug.

"Kassian," he says as he pats my shoulder gently. "So glad to see that you're well."

"Definitely better than I was," I admit and Everett pulls back. "I brought this round."

His eyes dart towards my hand that is holding the bottle and his expression widens in surprise. "How kind of you," he takes it from my fingers. "Thank you."

"It's the least I can do, really," I shake my head and Everett gives me an understanding nod.

Everett tells me about a little bar up town that he goes to sometimes. I'm open to anything 'normal', so I let him take me there. The conversation stays light whilst we make our way over, but once we're situated inside and we've ordered some drinks, Everett leans over his knees and studies me.

"How are you actually feeling after everything?"

I purse my lips and then run a finger over my brow. "I'm happy I'm home, back with Cleo and my pack. But some nights are still rough, I don't necessarily have nightmares but it's more like flashbacks before I go to sleep. It's all I can think of sometimes and it's all consuming."

Everett frowns. "Have you been talking to someone about it?"

"I don't want to overload this all onto Cleo, it's not fair on her after everything she's been through. She's only just gone back to eating and sleeping properly, I don't want to worry her with even more shit." I take a large sip from my drink.

"But isn't that what mates are for? To support and rely on each other?"

My finger traces the outside of my glass. "Yes but I saw just how much it destroyed her, the look in her eyes when I woke up. She's haunted by things too, we're both broken from what happened but trying our hardest to keep it together for the sake of us."

Everett nods and leans back in his chair, drinking from his own glass. "What about your pack doctors or therapists?"

I hum and nod. "I've been speaking to Liam, he was doing therapy with me before. When I came over to your house, I told you about doing this for myself. We've had a couple of sessions but all I wanted to do was be in Cleo's arms and nowhere else."

"I see," Everett comments. "I can't even fathom how hard this must be for you both but I'm so pleased you can work through this together. But don't push Cleo out, don't act like everything is okay if it's not."

My eyes flick between his blue ones slowly. "I feel guilty."

"And she's going to feel even guiltier if she finds out that you've been suffering and not telling her about it. You don't have to push it on her but you can openly talk about it, tell her what you're going to do about it." Everett rests an arm on the back of the leather chair.