"Damien, I am your best friend." Alvarez interjected but Damien was not having any of it, "Well then start fucking acting like it. Because right now, I don't even know what the hell you think you're doing! Friends don't do this to each other. Friends don't go behind each other's back! I know you have your history with Madison, but did you even put me in consideration before making your silly decisions!"

His voice was loud and stark clear, echoing all through the garage and even attracting stares from the few people around them, but Damien just didn't seem to care.

He looked at Alvarez, and seeing him clench his fists as he moved closer to him, words started spewing out of his lips, "Look, I know how you must feel about all of it. And I swear to you I'm not doing any of it just to deny you or what not. You know I have always been your  number one supporter, and I still am. But you have to understand...Madison is—"

"Stop mentioning her fucking name! I don't want to hear her name! Hell! I don't want to hear the name of anyone from

That damned family!" Damien yelled, his chest heaving, and fists clenching.

He felt like he was going crazy at this point, and hearing her name was really not helping.

It was bringing back memories he just didn't want to recall at all, and he hated it!

"Bullshit! She's my friend too, okay!" Alvarez yelled, his face red and Damien watched his countenance change all of a sudden.

"Madison is my friend, and that's never going to change! Ever! We've been friends for so many years. We were friends even before I met you, and I can't just throw away the memories I had with her, just because you have your issues with her. Do you have any idea how many times I looked for her, when I lost contact with her? I was so damn worried. Now I finally got to see her after so long, and you want me to just let her be. She's not even a good state, and it turns out she's suffering. She's going through so much, and I couldn't just abandon her after seeing her like that, I couldn't do it. I know about the things you went through with her family, and I'll never forgive them for it either. But no, not Madison! Leave her be!"

When he finished he was still breathing hard as he and Damien stared each other down. Furious, Damien backed away from his best friend. He hated the fact that Madison had come from nowhere, and somehow managed to drag his best friend over to her side as well, but at the moment he was more than pissed at Alvarez.

He was thoroughly disappointed.

"You have the effrontery to accommodate the woman whose family ruined my life?" He thundered, "The daughter of my greatest enemy and the woman who hurt me so much back then, and I almost plunged into an unhealthy depression? If you don't throw her out on the streets where she belongs, I'll make sure you lose your job instantly. Let's see if you'd still have a home for your friend to live in!" He spat, but it didn't take seconds for him to utterly regret the words the moment he said them, and instantly Damien wished he could take them back.

"W-what?" Alvarez asked, shock apparent on his face, "You're seriously going to fire me? Knowing fully well I have a pregnant wife and kid to support? After everything we've been through? You're going to throw away years of friendship because of this? You have the audacity to threaten me this way?"

Words already left Damien's train of thought and at the memomet, he had already begun to storm off into the building so he would not answer.

There was nothing he could do, than mask his utter regret and leave a still shocked Alvarez watching after him as he barged in through the glass doors.

Fuck!

........

Madison rubbed her hands up and down uncomfortably, as she sat in a couch in Alvarez's living room.