chapter 8

"do you want to hang out?"

did eddie, the freak, munson really just ask you to hang out?

"um, sure what do you want to do," you reply.

he pauses for a moment, deep in thought, then he answers, "do you wanna just drive around?"

"sure," you say, without thinking.

you follow him to his car and he opens the passenger door for you, "mlady." you climb in and he closes it, makes his way to his side and gets in. he starts the car and rolls all the windows down. he then pulls out of the school and the both of you start on your adventure. eddie reaches towards the radio and turns it on, switching it until he finds a great song, time after time. he shouts eagerly, "i love this song!" you giggle from that comment, you never expected that hed like this song. he turns the song up really loud and the both of you start screaming the lyrics. 

after my picture fades and darkness has turned to gray, watching through windows, you're wondering if im okay. secrets stolen from deep inside. and the drum beats out of time. if your're lost you can look and you will find me time after time.

eddie turns his head to look at you while your both screaming. he closely studies your face and eventually makes his eyes to your mouth. you were smiling very brightly, almost like you have never. he looks away from you and continues driving. the song ends and he turns the radio down. "i didn't know you like pop music," you laugh. he turns to look at you and jokes, "i listen to it on a daily basis 24/7." you both laugh and continue the car ride without saying anything. he makes his way bath to the dreadful school and puts it in park. "i had a fun time, we should do this more often," he says honestly. you nod and give him a gentle smile, he returns the gesture. you start to open the door, but before you can do anything, eddie screams, "WAIT CLOSE THE DOOR." you comply and he opens his door and makes his way over to your side, opening your door and sticking his hand out for you to grab, "mlady." you giggle and grab his hand, getting out of his van that kinda reeked of weed. "thank you," you say. and you make your way over to your car and go home. as you're driving, you turn on the radio, and time after time comes on. this might be your new favorite song. you get home and make your way up to your room, not bothering to say hello to your parents. not like they even cared. you kick off your shoes, throw your backpack on the floor and call mary. 

"hey mary," you say.

"hi hi hi, so i heard from a little birdy that you got into eddies munsons car after school," she replies.

you sigh in defeat, "we went for a drive and that's it, it was fun though."

"did you guys talk about the kiss," she questions.

"he just asked me if we were cool then he asked if i wanted to hang out and the story continues," you explain.

"alright, well i have to go y/n, ill see you at school, love you."

"love you," you reply.

and she hangs up, you sigh and grab clothes to go shower. 

________________________

you finished your shower and you're now brushing your teeth. your shower was supposed to be calm and relaxing, but it wasn't, all you could think about was eddie munson. you wondered why he asked you to hang out, and why he treated you differently than anyone else. you finish brushing your teeth and go to your bed, you hopefully try and fall asleep. but you couldn't, all because of eddie, the freak, munson.