chapter 3

"hello, eddie" mr griffin replies. the man baby has a name.

"whos this?" eddie turns his head and looks at you in wonder.

"she's here for yelling at jason during the pep rally, she's not a regular like you." mr griffin answers honestly.

eddie looks at you with curiosity in his deep, brown eyes. "I saw that this morning. it was pretty brave. jason is an ass." eddie explains.

"yeah well he was totally disrespecting the dead kids," you muttered. 

eddie makes his way across the classroom to pick a seat. you do the same, sitting down before him. and to your surprise, he sits down at the desk next to yours. "what are you doing," you ask him.

"detention can get really boring, so I need someone to talk to. and surprise! it's lucky you," he stated.

'at least detention won't be as boring', you thought. mr griffin starts detention and he doesn't give you an assignment or anything, you're supposed to just sit there the entire time. you would much rather be writing an essay than be doing this. detention starts and you can tell that eddie is already getting bored, he's shifting in his seat and playing with his rings. he's getting impatient. by 5 minutes he starts to talk to you.

"so, whats your name," he asks.

"y/n," you answer.

"pretty, I personally like my name better though," he jokes.

 "ok, man baby." you roll your eyes, sarcastically.

eddie turns his head from mr griffin to you in shock. did you really just call him that?

"wait, how old are you eddie," you question.

"95." he replies.

"wow, grandpa. should I start planning your funeral?" you giggle.

you both start laughing a bit.

"I'm actually 19," he assured.

"I'm assuming you got held back a lot." you guessed.

"bingo. 2 years. i just need to pass mrs oconnells test and I'm out of here. I'm turning 20 this year." he answers. "how old are you?" he asks.

"18, I'm a senior," you reply.

"that's cool," he answers. you nod in reply. mr griffin looks at the both of you and yells shhhh. how can one yell that? you and eddie shut up in reply. the rest of detention flies by. you and eddie each steal a few glances at each other, but you didn't talk to each other. all he did was play with his rings, hum a few songs, look at everything in the room, and talk to mr griffin to annoy him. all you did was sleep, you were in and out of it. you were woken up from your deep, enchanting slumber from a whisper in your ear.

"y/n, wake up. detention is over." the voice says. you groan and slowly get up from your chair, you soon realize that that voice was none other than eddie munsons. why does he care if you leave or not? "I'm getting up," you mutter in annoyance. you finally get up from the desk and make your way to the classroom door, eddie following behind. you suddenly stop in the doorway. "thanks for waking me up," you say.

"no problem didn't think you'd want to sleep here all night," he explains and walks out of the door, passing you. damn, that was kinda rude. you roll your eyes and run after him. "didn't anyone teach you any manners, grandpa," you ask him. he looks at you and laughs, "no but they did teach me how to play guitar." 

"i bet you're shit." you answer honestly.

he slaps your arm playfully, "better than you. by the way you're an ugly sleeper."

you gasp in shock (joking), "i bet i drooled."

he nods at you with a bright smile.

you both leave the school and go your separate ways.